Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12.31.08



 2003 New Years Plans :
Roadtrip with roomates to Las Vegas.
Shopping all day for perfect New Years outfit.
Getting ready from 7 pm til 10 pm then finally "going out"
Trying to meet "cute guys" EVERYWHERE
Staying up til 5 am laughing with my girlfriends in our hotel room.
Driving home the next day on 2 hours of sleep.

2009 New Years Plan :
Drop kids of Grandma at Grandpa's in Centerville
Dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris at 7:45 pm with my sweetest.
Pick up the kids by 9:30 to get them home to bed by a semi-decent hour.
Movie in bed with Eric and hopefully make it to 12:01 before I fall asleep.

Does that make me old that the latter sounds so much better??

Happy New Years All!
Tomorrow the resolutions begin.... actually I am starting all mine Monday, I can's start on a Thursday, has to be the beginning of the week.

9 comments:

Torrey said...

Ha, that totally sounds like our new year's eve and we don't even have kids yet. Sometimes a good dinner and staying in is the best thing in the world!

Sunshine Promises said...

I am the same way. I HAVE to start a new goal/resolution at the beginning of the week. So funny.

Amber Lynn said...

I feel the same way! Josh was asleep by 9 and I annoyed everyone at our house trying to keep everyone awake with games or movie or something. anyways! Happy NEw year to the kandells!

J.Frey said...

It's funny how kids completely change your life. But I would pick the family life anyday! Happy New Year!

Scott and Chelsey said...

I totally agree!!! I'm lucky to make it until midnight. Glad you guys had fun! We are in Texas, but I will call you soon so we can play!

Lisa said...

It is funny how life changes ... I am thinking that next year we should do a kid friendly new years party and call it midnight at 10.

Natalie Hall said...

I just had to comment how right on you were with your post. So funny!! And being young, those were the days where everything revolved around the social life.

Sorry, you don't even know me, but I though it only seemed right to leave a comment since I checked out your adorable blog! You are a darling mother with the cutest kids and fabulous great ideas...

Natalie Hall, Mesa AZ

Baden Fox said...

That is so funny, I was just thinking that for me New Years didn't really start till Monday, because it was a new week! We got home at 9:30 and felt like we had partied hard! Your pictures are darling, I hope you are doing well!
Love,
Mary

AnnieB said...

Isn't it amazing how our life changes so much that what would seem (to an outsider) like a boring and blah evening is truly blissful!? It's so comforting to be truly comfortable. Love your beautiful blog and your christmas card was amazing!