Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day


{Derek Miner, Adyson, Haley and Gavin Miner}

To celebrate New Years Day and the fact that Eric was not going to go into work at all the whole day (it's a holiday miracle) we went sledding with our great friends who also happened to be family (Derek is my second cousin)... the Miners.
Our kids had a ton of fun sledding, Eric had a new idea for sledding, he bought a twin sized blow up mattress to have everyone pile on, it worked well until it got a leak.

{Our snow bunnies}




Max actually loved sledding, he only cried when he 

A. was not sledding 
or 
B. was trying to walk in all his bundledness



After sledding we all had soup and salad at Chilis then took our kids home for naps.
After naps we met up again, this time with our friend Haley and her date JC.
Ok, I just have to say something about them (pictured below) since I know neither of them read my blog. Haley is one of my best friends and JC is my cousin and I set them up and I am so excited they are hanging out. I think they are cute together, plus I MADE THEM!! Ok enough about that. But, I think I did good, real good.
We all went to Haley's house and ate pizza and while the kids played together all the adults played SEQUENCE, girls vs. guys. The girls won 3 games straight. It was so fun.


{Haley and JC}


{Derek and Camille}

15 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

You lined JC up, eh? Huh. You'll have to let me know how it goes (since I will try to withhold any teasing/harrassment until it is a for sure thing).

You go, you little matchmaker!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I am so glad you showed pics of the famous Haley and JC. I have heard SO much about this amazing relationship for the past couple of days....and she is going on a cruise with the family too??? ha ha. You did good!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Hay! I think you were missing one more couple at your NEW YEARS DAY party!

Larsen said...

Love the pictures. Kids crack me up. And I REALLY hope that this little match up works. There isn't a person more deserving.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I just read your comment on my blog, but it is 1:30 in the morning, so I will call you tomorrow after Lorince's baptism...

seetheminers said...

They are perfect together!!! Look how cute their picture is together!!! Nice job matchmaker :) Too bad the Miners look so funny...that's what happens when Derek is bummed and I am laughing from 3 STRAIGHT WINS!!! Oh Ya!

Jen Bird said...

I love playing games! And sledding with a mattress...brilliant! Sounds fun! Tell JC hi! I haven't seen him in forever! And yes, good match!

Sunshine Promises said...

Would I mind slightly used? Are you kidding me? I AM THRILLED! You are so kind, Hailey. But if you love it, are you sure you want to part with it? And it will DEFINITELY be considered as a baby gift, and a Christmas gift, and a birthday gift . . .

Tiffany said...

WHat a fun day. We need to find out where that sledding hill is. I do think Haley looks good with him.

Lisa said...

All of your pictures are so cute! Good job on hooking JC up! Also, I love the mattress idea! Good thinking Eric!

hayleyrowan said...

Cute Christmas photo's. I din't know you were related to Derek. His dad and my grandpa are like best buds (Karl Tucker). Every summer I went on a big horseback ride with Derek and his dad... you'll have to tell him hi for me. Grant and I were saying we'll have to go to dinner one of these nights.

Jen Tornow said...

Cute, cute pictures!! Sounds like your husband is a workaholic like mine! Where did you go sledding at?

NicKnight said...

How fun! All your holidays seemed like a blast even New Years Eve. Anytime I can have a quite dinner with my hubby without kids climbing all over is something to celebrate!

Callie said...

Happy New Year! Your kids look so cute in their snow outfits! I laugh at how cute kids look in snow clothes, all fat and can't move! Kenna makes daddy carry her everywhere.

Haley said...

i loved all the pictures hailey!! Sledding is just the best, especially with fun kids who think a sled ride is like a roller coaster ;)

And that's awesome that you played cupid for JC & Haley (i think we can both agree her name rocks;) They make a b-e-a-utiful couple :)