Monday, January 26, 2009

Relaxation.



This past weekend Eric and I made a quick trip down to Las Vegas with our friends Nate and Erin Wathen. For a weekend of relaxation and the best food on earth.
We checked in HERE
and proceeded to do all the things we love to do while NOT on vacation with the kids. Sleep in, take 2 hours to leave the room in the morning, go to the spa, do a little shopping (even Eric) and eat dinner at places our kids would surely embarass us.
Don't get me wrong, I like family vacations, I would even say they are my preference, even though they are busy. But its nice do to weekends away with just the 2 of us. Well, and Nate and Erin, who we had tons of fun with.
 


Also, Saturday is our Body for Life free day, the one day a week we can eat whenever and whatever we want. And we did. I will spare you the details of how much we ate but I will just say, if you are going to have a free day, Vegas is the place to do it. Eric and I are total foodies, and so we love how many fantastic restaurants there are in Vegas. Too many for one weekend.



The weather was so nice, 70's and sunny. We did some walking around between shopping and relaxing.


{Me and my overworked husband doing a whole lot of nothing}


{Nate (also overworked at Erics office) and his wife Erin}

These are all the pretty flowers growing outside the hotel and in the Bellagio's conservatory. So pretty, I cannot wait for Spring.





If you notice in almost all the pics I am in, I am covering my upper lip, I am experiencing some painful cold sores this winter, another reason to look forward to Spring.




Saturday night, we went to OUR FAVORITE, absolute best sushi place ever Nobu. It was so good, then we all went to see Cirque du Soliel's "O" show at the Bellagio. It was one of my favorite I have seen, The stage was a ll water, and had synchronized swimmers, dancers, divers and so much going on. We all loved it! 


{all of us and my once again hidden cold sore at Nobu}


Another highlight of the trip was this little patesserie we found in our hotel called 
It has these chocolate fountains in the store, and tons of beautiful treats and the best crepe I have ever eaten. (pictured below)
Sorry, if it seems like I am over emphasizing the good food, but seriously BEST. FREE DAY. EVER.



But, I think the best part of the trip for me was seeing Eric be able to relax. This guys has been working insane hours at work lately and really needed the break, it was good to see him unwind. He even fell asleep during our couples massage, I think the break was good for him. Dosen't he look refreshed?



When we got home, the kids were happy to see us but even happier to see what we brought them. It's funny, I remember when my parents got home from a trip, we were like "Hi mom and dad, what did you bring us?" All kids are the same. Max got a green dinosaur stuffed animal and Ady got a lady bug necklace. They were loving it!



18 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wish my weekend would've ended up at least that relaxing. Could you stop posting pictures of delicious food that I don't have. What funa dn you look great no matter what you have on your lip. Nate doesn't seem to relax no matter where he is. He even had dreams (nightmares) about work.

Jill said...

That food does look incredible, as does the sunny weather.

Next time you go you'll have to check out Mix at THEhotel. (http://www.mandalaybay.com/thehotel/mix.aspx)
The food is great and I love the atmosphere.

Larsen said...

Looks like fun. I wish I could've been there. I would have laid in the streets and just soaked up the sun!!

Chelsey said...

It's so nice to get away! I'm especially jealous of how warm it looks there!

Jen Herem said...

i am in serious need of some of that!

ashlan said...

It looks like you had fun. This is a little off topic so sorry if I offend anyone. I USED to get coldsores like that. I had tried everything natural or not I mean everything. Until my doctor perscribed Famvir (Yes its primary use is for people with YUCK! I won't go there!) My dr. explained that since its not topical it actually goes more into your blood wich kills the infection. So that being said I haven't had one for 7 year!!!!!! No kidding I feel the tingle of a coldsore and take a little pill and its never to be seen!

Camille Law said...

Next time you are in town, you have to call us! Funny...we were at Bellagio on Saturday night as well! Glad that you guys had a nice get-away! Garrett is overworked these days too! Tell Eric Hi for him!

Callie said...

I'm glad you guys had a relaxing weekend! Your killing me with all the pictures of food, those cupcakes are so cute & look so yummy!

Sarah Pugmire said...

Wow! that would be nice! I love how you can always could on Vegas to be sunny, warm, and a perfect getaway!

J.Frey said...

I'm jealous. Tanner was actually down there for a work convention. I should have gone with him!!

trent and rach henderson... said...

we were in vegas last weekend as well. didn't go to any shows though, ended up at pure instead. vegas does have delicious food indeed!

Tyler and Travy said...

Oh I love sushi! I am so jealous. Glad you had fun!

Amber Lynn said...

so so jealous!!!! Wish I had a sweet hubby that would do that with me!!! Im dieing to get away and get a break! not looing like its going to happen any time soon! Also,, Your so freakin pretty anyways that I highly doubt that anyone whould notice a cold sore!!! I hope that the next time that Im in town we can do lunch or something!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh we really did miss out! Swear we aren't flakes... just missing Blakely. We totally need to plan a Sept/Oct trip!

Lindsey said...

Super fun! I need some sun...it's sooooo cold here.

hayleyrowan said...

cute pictures. looks like an amazing time! i don't even remember what 70 degrees feels like!

hayleyrowan said...

cute pictures. looks like an amazing time! i don't even remember what 70 degrees feels like!

Anonymous said...

YOu have a cute blog. I peak at it all the time. I met you at CHelsea Bell's house. I am stephanie gardner. YOu are also friends with my old room mate Caitlin. So I feel like you and I could be friends. ; ) ANyway, since I always look at your cute blog, you can look at mine. But its private so send me your email to stephanie_motzkus@hotmail.com if you want.