Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Planning for Disney.


{Spending time on Disney's trip planner}

We are going on a Disney family vacation coming up pretty soon. So since the kids are getting  bit older now, I have been having them get involved in planning and talking about the trip. I have said before and I will say again. Disneyland/Disneyworld were some of my most memorable childhood trips. And I love how family oriented everything Disney is. We have taken our kids to the Disney parks before. But, I think this will be the most fun yet.



 Ady is so into the princesses and Max loves Buzz and the whole gang from A Bug's Life. I think they are going to be loving this next family vacation. Everyday I have been getting online with the kids and showing them clips from Disneyland on youtube and today we were one the Magical Beginnings part Disney website where it shows families with toddlers, all the best rides to go on, the best places to eat and even has things I could print off for the kids to color now, to get them excited about the upcoming trip. Ady has been saving her money for the last little while so that she can get a Mickey Mouse sucker when we go and maybe something princess too (the is not sure what, she wants to wait to check everything out). She is all into putting every little penny she finds into her Disney savings. It's awesome. And I really may be just as excited as them. It reminds me of how exciting and magical Disney can be to a child.  And to the parents of a child. Now, I know why my parents loved taking us there so much as kids. I mean, it couldnt have been easy for them to fly with 6 kids to Florida and spend days at a time at all the parks. I know, I have done it with just my 2. But, I am so excited that we are getting them involved in all of it this time and seeing them loving being a part of making the choices. Plus I think the building anticipation will make the trip that much sweeter for them.

.

10 comments:

Polen's said...

Their serious little facial expressions are so precious! I can see they are both deep in the thick of plotting their destination. How fun! Enjoy!

Sarah said...

Disneyland really is the best, at any age. You guys will have so much fun. I'll be in Florida the first weekend in February, but other than that I'm wide open for a girls weekend.

Partyof9 said...

Noticed your blog on Disney. We had annual passes to Disneyland up until we moved here to South Carolina. We were there every week. Seriously. My kids miss it so much.They talk about it nearly everyday.
Honestly, Disney world isn't the same.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We pretty much know the in's and out's of the two parks. Yes, there is a 2nd park (if you didn't know) called California Adventure. It has a whole area devoted to Bug's life and the electrical light parade is going on there again. Must see!
Anyways, just bein' nosey. Sorry.
;)

Lovell Family said...

Dude, you seriously need to go private....your trip sounds fun...wanna take our kids? :)

Elise said...

How fun! We love Disneyland. I was thinking I needed to head over this week since we havn't been since Christmas! I will let you know if I think of anything special to do around there!

trent and rach henderson... said...

sounds super fun haley. i love how you are getting the kids involved. have a blast!!!

Lisa said...

I love Disneyland. I can't wait till my kids are just a little bit older so I can take them!

Amber Lynn said...

I bet you guys will have a blast! I loved it at christmas time cuase the light they do is amazing! I am already craving to go again! I love going and makeing memories with the kids and I am such a baby cuase i just ball when tanner gets so excited watching the parades.. anyways Im glad that you are going to have a chance to get away for some fun! Miss you

Sunshine Promises said...

What Disney trip planner did you use? Where did you find the best advice for Disneyland? As you know, we will be going this fall and want to make it all our girls have dreamed of . . . and more. Let us know what the "must do's" are.

Have fun!

Larsen said...

They are so stinkin' cute!!! I love Adison's eyes. They are so full of personality.