Monday, January 12, 2009

The Saddest Face.



I am feeling guilty right now because of this face. Max was being a little wild today when we all got home from the gym. And while I was trying to help Ady find her Princess Belle doll, Maxwell made his way onto my counter where bowls that had been hand washed were drying. 
Suddenly, crash, and shatter. He threw them down onto the newly cleaned and mopped floor and they shattered. Now they are just the simple latte bowls from Anthropologie, completely replaceable. But, I was so mad at Max for doing that so without saying a word, I went over to him, picked him up, carried him to the bathroom and put him on the toilet for time-out, before I walked out, I said "No, Max no throwing bowls" (couple that with a mean mom means business face) and I shut the door. Completely expecting to hear him burst into tears and starting throwing a fit. Nothing, 30 seconds later, still listening outside the door and NOTHING. What is he doin?! Maybe I scared him so much by not yelling that he is still stunned. So I opened the door, to this.....



Just sitting there with a puppy dog face and tears in his eyes and on his chin. "Sorry mommy" he says as soon as I opened the door. It was so cute, I tried to keep a serious face while I told him again never to throw bowls OR get on the counter by himself.
It was just too sweet to stay mad for longer that 2 seconds. I mean, look at those eyes.

13 comments:

Lovell Family said...

Too cute...at least he got what you were saying! I put Zach in timeout and he just plays in his room...I'm not sure he thinks it's much of a punishment.

jayne said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute little man!!! I'm glad he didn't jump down on the glass. That would have been so awful.

By the way, I love all your photos. You have a very adorable family.

Jen Tornow said...

I could just cry!! That is the sweetest face. I'm sure it was so heartbreaking to see him, but weren't you just a little proud that he "got" that he did something wrong and knew to say "sorry?" Way to go Mom!

Oh-- I love that time out is on the toilet. :)

Jen Herem said...

That is the cutest sad face! I do the same thing with Nixen except if I make him cry I usually end up crying myself.

Michelle said...

i don't think that i could stay mad for very long if i were you either. What a cute little face!

Callie said...

That is the saddest and cutest face. Kenna does that same thing to me, it's hard to stay mad at them when there making those faces. She really knows how to work her daddy, he can never say NO to her.

AnnieB said...

Love the discipline distractions!-- Either they are too cute when their sad so you can't stay mad, or what they did is so funny that you can't keep a straight face. We experience both often! So cute! Love the new header and gorgeous pictures!

Sarah said...

So sad and so cute. I love the little story and pics.

Jason and Amy said...

love that little face, he can climb on my counter and throw bowls anytime :)

Jill said...

Oh goodness. What a sweet face. I'm sure he'll think twice before pulling any thing like that again.

Lisa said...

It is so hard to lay down the law when kids look so cute! I bet he was so scared from the bowls shattering.

Larsen said...

Hailey, I think I would've bust into hysterical laughing or crying. I'm not sure which. That is the saddest face.(but so cute)

Momma Sue said...

How cute are these kids?!!! The sad face does a total "tug on the heart-strings"!!!