Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Kandell Update.

This post is just a little update on what we are up to, besides recovering from Christmas and trying to keep our New Years resolutions. And trying to survive the most boring month of the year, January.

Eric


Work, work, work is all this guys does/has on his mind these days. With interest rates at historic lows, he has been goin into work at 5 am some mornings and can hardly finish a sentence without getting a call or email from one of his loan officers. We were supposed to fly out to Ohio on December 28th for a few days to surprise his parents. But, we cancelled last minute so Eric could work right on through the holidays. His stress level is through the roof but we are grateful that at least it's a good stress. 

Me

{nice pic...right? It's the only pic of me over Christmas break}

It's business as usual for me. Just mommin' and trying to get more organized for 2009. (one of my goals) Also, I am doing Body for Life, that I just started. Eric and I used to try and live the "body for life" lifestyle. We ate mostly healthy and stayed active, but this has been a bad year for us. Well, its been a great year but not for our healthy lifestyle movement. So 2009, I am back on it. Eating healthy and working out. Don't want to try and get pregnant this year while being unhealthy. So, hopefully I will keep on that track. I also got a new camera that I am enjoying learning how to use and etc. I don't want to "become a photographer," just want to know how to take good pics of my kids and our vacations and etc.

{THE KIDDDOS}


Adyson


Ady is doing so great. She is more and more all girl. She always wants to dress up and have tea parties. The other day she told me, while she was nursing her baby, that "it would be so nice if I could paint her toenails while she fed her baby". Maternal AND enjoys getting pampered. That is MY kind of girl. She loves barbies and her girlfriends and singing Disney songs. She is very good with Max and they LOVE to play together. It's such a fun age for them both. Ady also loves going to her preschool.


Maxwell


Max is crazy. Really, he is like insanely hyper and could run, run, run all day. Except if he is being read to, that is my one way to get him to sit still. He loves stories, and will listen to me read until my voice is hoarse. He has a pretty big vocab for a kid his age and is always impressing us with new sentences he somehow picks up. I really think he needs a brother though, I feel bad Ady makes him play girl stuff all the time. But, he's got the "boy spirit" in him, Ady will set up a perfect tea party and he will come and with one big swipe, knock her entire table over, then run away laughing. He makes us laugh everyday.


14 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh i love them so so much! Such great personalities! We need to work on getting kids around the same age...

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

That's funny about your pic...I have a picture exactly the same of me and yes it's the only one too :) Your family is adorable as always! Beck's will come play with Max, they sound like they are two peas in a pod:)!!!

Lovell Family said...

what cute pics of the kids...yeah, we definitely should go to the pool again soon...easton asked the entire way home, and when he got up from his nap if he could go to Ady's house. He asked me so many times that I told him I'd put him in time out if he asked me one more time...what a mean mom! He's been missing that girl!

Jason and Amy said...

Hear you loud and clear on the crazy busy loan working husband! Also, a bunch of us 'neighbor' girls chelsey too are going to take a photography class. email me and ill tell you the details, you should do it with us it will be FUN. email me amizzle23@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

I love how Ady said it would be nice if you would paint her toenails why she fed the baby... how cute is that??

Kristi Judd said...

You guys are all so cute! It sounds like Max and Aiden would be perfect for each other! We need together soon.

J.Frey said...

I agree. January is a slow month.(Thus the lack of posts on my part.) I'm glad that Eric can stay busy. What kind of camera did you get? We have been looking into one as well.

Elise said...

So cute! I love the one of them together and her adorable side bows. Yes, I agree we should try to get together one of these days. Either Cali. or Utah! Wow! I can't believe how long it has been. I think I was like 13 when we met! Fun times!

Jill said...

that is adorable that ady wants her nails painted.

The Jorgensen's said...

Oh, what kind of a camera did you get? I love talking photography (not that I'm THAT great at it yet...)That's my goal with mine - cute pic's of the kids!

kristin said...

So fun!! Max is so big!!! wow!! sounds like things are good at the kandells home!!

Carolyn said...

I love that you are momm'in it up! You are a great mom! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Laura Essig said...

Hey Hailey,
I need your address. If you could e-mail it to me that would be great. laura.essig@gmail.com. The pictyres you posted are adorable!

Lindsey said...

I love your posts. You guys are so cute.