Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bowling.



Earlier this week, Camille, Haley and I decided since our men were working some late hours leaving us alone at night we were going to take the kids bowling one night to go do something fun. So tonight we went to Fat Cats in Provo with all 5 of the kids, Camille and her 2, me and my 2 and Haley and her Sammy.


Sounds fun, right? A good idea? No! Actually maybe on any other night it would have been a good night and maybe this was just the one night all our kids decided to go nuts and misbehave at the same time. For example they 
ran halfway down the bowling lane (you know, where only the ball is allowed)
used the ball ramp as a jungle gym
stuck their heads in the ball chute
stuck their hands in the ball chute 
pushed the balls back down the ball chute the wrong way
got in front of other bowlers
tried to steal balls from other lanes
slipped and fell and cried
fought over drinks and cried
spilled an entire lemonade on themselves (just Max actually) and cried
stole each others candy and cried
bowled out of turn and cried
had to have other adults dragging them away from the their lanes, balls, chutes, drinks
made their mothers want to crawl under their chairs and cry
and all other possible manner of unpleasantness
On the way home, I was thinking of what to title this post, maybe 
When a good idea goes bad
or
Who knew bowling could make you want to get your tubes tied.
Anyway, there were a bunch of young couples bowling by us, and if nothing else I am sure we were the best advertisement for birth control out there.



{Max being a good sport and clapping for other bowlers in between tantrums}


{Sammy and Haley}



{Gavin}


{Ady}


15 comments:

Polen's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Polen's said...

You're definitely not alone! Shane is working late and I'm lonely here most nights (and exhausted) with both kids. Finn is a walking tornado these days...seems I just follow him around cleaning up the messes he makes! I've now closed the laundry room door, our bedroom door, the closets, bath, basement and office doors and put a gate up to block off the kitchen (Shane won't let me drill cupboard locks into our cabinets) to eliminate areas of destruction. :) Hang in there! At least they're cute, right???

seetheminers said...

When you left Gavin slipped and fell two times in the lemonade that Sammy spilled when we were trying to take their picture. Hailey dropped her bow in it. Gavin was cracking up the whole way to the airport about everyone getting in lemonade. I guess that's all we can do is laugh about it...and take a mental note of NO bowling birthday parties. Don't forget about the mom's rear ends sticking out in other people's lanes while we tried to take the perfect pictures of our kids! Hailey threw up some of her red punch on the way out to the car. I know it was disastrous, but I am going to laugh about this for a long time :)

J.Frey said...

"who knew bowling could make you want to get your tubes tied." hahahaha I LOVE IT! Actually there are a couple other activities that make me want to get my tubes tied too!

Sunshine Promises said...

Loved the bowling episode. We've definitely had our share of "bowling" days. All you can do on days like that is go to bed and hope that tomorrow will be a better day. And in the meantime, just laugh.

P.S. In answer to your question about where we're going, don't know yet. With the current real estate market, we won't seriously look at homes until we have an offer on ours. Currently I am just deciding what areas I'm interested in. Oh, the quandries . . .

Jason and Amy said...

so glad my kids arent the only one who have moments like that. if you ever see a frantic lady running out of target with two screaming babies... oh thats me

Unknown said...

Yo Hailey those pics look really good, way to use that new camera!

Larsen said...

That was hilarious!!! Thank you for that post. It reminds me of why we all want to be moms. For our kids to test us to the limit and then show such utter patience the Lord as no choice but to let us into heaven!!!hahahah

Lovell Family said...

Love the Larsen's comment...let's hope that's true....but what about when we have absolutely no patience...like me lately....uh oh, I may be in for trouble....

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

Holy cow! I can totally feel your pain! I also thought bowling was a fun idea. And just like you I was sooo wrong! So weird cause I always thought bowling was a blast when I was young! These days I am sticking to the Kangaroo Zoo, I throw my kids in the bouncy thing and it doesn't matter how loud or obnoxious they are!

The Jorgensen's said...

We tried to go bowling as a family last Friday. We couldn't even make it through the line to pay before Megan started acting WAY out of control, so we just ended up leaving. We've been before and she was good, just a bad night I guess. You'll have to try again!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Ha ha!!! What your kids are angels... Look at ADy's innocent face!

Tiffany said...

Love it. Laughed through it all. I'm so sorry but it's usually only my kids that act like that. Cute pictures though.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Those bowling shoes are so adorable!

Jen Herem said...

haha. i have been wanting to take nixen bowling.. maybe not such a good idea.