Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas




It's starting to feel Christmas-y around the Kandell home. Our outside lights actually went up the weekend before Thanksgiving (not holidically correct, I know.) And the weekend after Christmas I got the tree up and decorated, the wreaths and stockings hung. And I have to say, there is something mood-changing about having your home festive.


{Our green/gold Butterfly tree}


I decided earlier in the month, that since we actually were not hosting any parties or get together at our home this Christmas, I was not going to OVER-do the decor. But, Grandma Sue did pick up this darling pink tree for Ady's room, that we decorated with some super cute girly girl ornaments I had saved from a couples years back. Ady is in heaven.



We had a tradition growing up in my family, that every year we all got a new ornament for that year.  We loved when we would decorate out tree as a family and my mom would pull out "our box" with all the ornaments we had collected over the years, (I always had the most being the oldest, which I loved) and remember why we had selected the ornament that we had. Each had it's own story or memory. So, I am trying to pass the tradition on to my kids. It's already fun to see Ady love her ornaments from the 3 Christmas's she has had. Poor Max felt a little jipped with just his one from last year. But, their new ones will arrive soon, and I am sure they will love them!

{This is the one I gave Eric in 2005, the year he became a dad}

{Maxwell's from last year- his first Christmas}


{Adyson's from 2006, the first year the princess obsession began...it's still going strong}


We have so many fun ones to remember our holidays together. I made me smile to see the ornament from last year I gave to Eric, it was of 4 sunchairs with each of our names on it, sitting on the beach, and I put "Christmas in Cabo 2007", and it makes me remember how we never made to to Cabo last year from Christmas because I got an infected abcess in my tooth and I spent Christmas break getting a root canal, and a crown.
Or the ornament from our first year of being married, a framed pic of us at my moms, and I look horrible, (I was in my first trimester prego with Ady, I threw up ALL day)
In a couple years I figure we will have to get an entire seperate tree just for our family ornaments.
I think it is so fun, and I am such a sucker for tradtions.

15 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Love that tradition. Do you get the ornaments somewhere special?

Momma Sue said...

Thanks so much for hosting Thanksgiving for all of us! I had a great time and miss you all already. The tree looks darling!

Melinda Lindahl said...

I love the family tradition! And I love Adybugs PINK tree! One of those would look so cute in Lex's room. I don't know if it is safe to show her Ady's tree. Haha!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

We decorated this weekend and I completely agree with you that there is something mood changing about having your house festive!

Ashlee Raubach said...

to me, christmas is about family and tradition, so I love your tree full of sentimental ornaments! by the way...your blog header picture is my favorite shot of them all! i love addy looking up at you guys kissing! so cute. perfect family.

Callie said...

I love the trees, they look so good! I love decorating for Christmas, I just wish we got to keep it up longer!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love the butterflies :)!!! I am loving Ady's tree too. Would I expect anything else for her though!!!?!

Partyof9 said...

Merry Christmas! Really wonderful decorating!

Do you mind sharing where you get these darling "clay" ornaments?

Thank's!
April
(Lindsey Lunt's cousin)

Lisa said...

We do the yearly ornament thing too! I love the holidays!

Jen Bird said...

I love the decorations! It looks gorgeous! I love this time of year, it's so magical!

Jill said...

prittay prittay

Elise said...

I am also a sucker for traditions. I love the ornament tradition! Very cute!

Tyler and Travy said...

You tree looks awesome. Love green!

Jen Herem said...

Your house and trees look great. Christmas time is so much fun. I just got your hoiliday card. Very cute, as always.

XOXO

stacy h. said...

looks good over there! i am seriously thinking of leaving my trees up until all of our winter sonw melts. and since we don;t have any yet...it may be like, i don't know, may. ;)