Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spooktacular Fondue Night



We had a fun little ADULTS ONLY Halloween/ Fondue Dinner Party last night. Ever since we moved into our current house the dining room has not been used since we always have kids eating with us. So last night we finally got to have a nice dinner with just adults and use the chairs that my kids would certainly stain.




Our attendees included 
Derek and Camille Miner (as cowboy and indian)



Steve and Lisa Lovell (as Leia and Han Solo)



and Spencer and Melinda Lindahl (as Snow White and her prince)



We started in the kitchen with a cheese fondue appetizer Eric made for everyone.



Then moved to the dining room for a Fondue main course, which included steak, pork, shrimp, chicken, stuffed mushroom and an assortment of vegetables.





We had so much fun hanging out with everyone, they are all great friends who we hang out with all the time, but NEVER without our kids. It almost felt weird when everyone arrived without the kids in tow.
Weird but kinda nice.
Good food, good company.


13 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

FANTASTIC decorations! As much fun as it is to have kids around, it really is great to have an adult night. Looks like it was a success!

J.Frey said...

Cute decorations! What a fun night. But what did you and Eric goes as?

Amber Lynn said...

dude!!!!! bummer! I hate living 500miles away from the best party in town!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovell Family said...

yeah hailey, where are your costume pics? Hey, I just realized I forgot to wear the belt to that costume! Ooops...we had a great time, thanks again!

Darbee said...

Okay, Martha Stewart... I want to come to one of your parties! :-) You are seriously so talented... people would pay big bucks for the use of your services! Can I hire you?!? ha, ha! Cute party!

Lisa said...

Everyone looks so cute! The decorations and food looked fabulous too!

Callie said...

Cute party as always,I love all your decorations! Where is your costume Hailey? What did you guys go as?

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun! I LOVE Halloween! I am sad I didn't see your costume.

Jen Herem said...

How fun.. I love your place settings.

Jill said...

that looks so lovely. fondue is yummy. your dining room looks beautiful.

{if eric was the lion i'll fill in the blank and guess you were dorothy?}

Elise said...

What a fabulous party! Love the decorations! It is nice to be able to have a relaxing night without kids! Great idea! Oh and I agree with everyone else on wanting to see a picture of the Kandell's costume!!

AnnieB said...

What a great dinner party! Beautiful! Can't get over Prince Charming's tights! Hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! My sister in law and brother look soo cool! Everyone does. Fun stuff.