Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Way Back Playback....





I had a moment of nostalgia today. I was driving in my car listening to the 90's station (90's on 9) on XM radio. And the song Wonderwall by Oasis came on. Now, I have to admit when I was in 7th grade, i loved Oasis, Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova were like the best songs that I had ever heard when i was 12 years old. So for old times sake I cranked it up, and suddenly I was having all these memories of being a seventh grader, walking down the halls of my junior high school, Centerville Jr. I was remembering people and places, and teachers. I even smiled to myself as I remembered the things I used to want to wear, like the high Dr. marten boots with shorts (ew...) I also used to want to where boys boxers under my jeans, yes thats right and its not like no mom would let me wear baggy "skater" jeans, so I wore boxer shorts underneath fitted jeans. What was i thinking? I also remember I wanted to wear like tee-shirts that said "stussy" on them and weird stuff like that, nothing feminine. It's a long way off from where I am now. I also remember my Jansport backpack and that I wrote all over it with white out, that liquid paper stuff. I wrote things like who I liked, bands I never heard of but that other people said were cool and lists of my best friends. I was enjoying having all these memories and remembering things I haven't thought about it a long time when the song ended and I realized I had arrived at Adyson's preschool to pick her up. And I thought for a second how long ago that was but how I could remember that like it was yesterday. Now I have 2 kids and all sorts of grown up responsibilities. But it was fun to think back .... so if you ever want a little trip down memory lane I suggest flipping on XM to the 90's or in Eric and his friends case the 80's. It's amazing how just some music can sure take you back....

5 comments:

Lovell Family said...

ask eric about skidz....they were really cool when we were in Jr. High....I thought I was really cool cuz I got to wear Eric's hand me down skidz that were way too big...but they were the brand name so I thought I was pretty cool. I remember wearing them with these black shiny shoes that had ribbon-like laces! Nasty!

Jill said...

yes i definitely remember the unfortunate big t-shirt days. what was with that?

Amber Lynn said...

lol, that is so funny! Hey if it makes it any better, I use to duck tape my boobs down in jr. high cuase they were so big that i was embarressed! You can laugh at that one as much as you want.. heheh

Jason and Amy said...

love the 90's on XM. Brings back so many memories I sometimes wish I could forget...talk about embarrasing!

Sarah said...

Sorry Hailey and Amy i have Sirius, but I jam out all the time to the 80's and 90's stations since i have sweet memories of both awesome decades. I remember doing all that crazy stuff too. I was always digging through my brothers closet for sweet stuff to wear. We all have come a long way. Amy used to wear Jencos, haha. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.