Saturday, November 10, 2007

Freakin Birds...

I originally took these pics of the back of the new house so I can have a "before and after" once we finish the landscaping after we move in. But I put them on this post so you can visualize what I am talking about. You see that high vaulted all wood ceiling on our covered deck?? Well the other night we noticed that out there tucked up in the corner of the roof was a bird. Eric thought it was a hawk I thought it was a pigeon, we are probably both wrong but anyway we noticed one there and one the front porch up in the wood beam archway. Well them we noticed all these wood shavings on the deck and the front porch. Those dumb birds are pecking holes on the wood!!! Oh my gosh, Eric was so mad. Of course cuz we just closed on this house and within a week he have a baseball sized hole on our deck ceiling. So the next night we came with a bebe gun, Eric shot the bird and he claimed it flew off with its wing all funky, so he was pretty sure he either wounded it or at least scared it away for good. (on a more comical note his plan was to shoot it down then have his friend Bandele step on it, maybe that is not funny to you but you should have seen them both plotting inside the door of the house) Well, I went back last night and the freakin' bird was back in it's perch. And there were MORE wood shavings. So Eric immediately went over to kill it his time and it took off. Now today on Saturday he said we saw it when he went over there so he went to get the pellet gun and when he got back it was gone. So I am pretty sure we will be spending the weekend trying to stake out and kill this bird. Now for any of you animal lovers out there, don't think us cruel. I actually like animals, I never want to own any but I like them. And I don't want this bird to have to die but I for sure am not willing to give up my beautiful wood paneled roof. Ya know?.... so here is how I am going to make my peace with my part in the responsibility for this birds death. I will give it a proper burial. Just across our property line. I think that will be good enough. No animal rights hate mail please.

9 comments:

cait said...

bad birdie.

Lisa said...

I have heard of birds pecking holes into timbers and cedars and building nests inside. I wonder if there is some kind of bird repellent or something??
Maybe you could put up a bird house with rat poisoning or something?? (I am not an animal hater either!!)

Sarah said...

We used to have a woodpecker that would peck holes in our wood beams until my mom put poison in the hole. I say kill the dumb thing. It's mean but whatever.

Camille Law said...

Congrats on the new house! Love Utah houses with basements! None of that here in Vegas. Love the 3rd picture for Christmas. You guys are gorgeous! Love you guys!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Scott wants to kill it! He will sit there all night so if Eric needs a partner he's in!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Did you guys finally take of the bird???? Your new house is going to be so beautiful! I can't wait until it's all decorated :)

Mark and Tamarie said...

Hailey, I definitely know where Los Altos is. That is about 15 minutes from our house. We love Northern California and the weather. I love your new house, have fun decorating it. Also, I really like picture C on your post below, it fits in with a "White Christmas".

Amber Lynn said...

lol, thtatis so awesome! I can truly picture eric shooting down birds.very funny!

Jen Bird said...

I don't like birds at all, they freak me out! Ironic enough, that my last name is now bird! LOVE LOVE the house!! Can't wait to see what you do inside...I'm sure it will be gorgeous! Fun to talk to you the other day...it's been way too long!