Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks and Eating.


{Max saying "Bless the turkey"}

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends and food yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting Eric's family at our house. We had his mom and dad in from Ohio, His sister Lisa and our bro-in-law Steve with Easton and Zach from Sandy.
Erics Aunt Cindy and Uncle Gordy from Ohio, His cousins Weston, Cat and their kids from L.A., as well as Amanda, Bjork and Nate (more cousins) and our friend Bandele for dinner.
It was a big crazy cousin party with tons of good fun and even better food.
While we prepared all the food, the kids loved running around outside together.


{Max, Easton, Avery and Isaiah}


{Ady-bug}


{Isaiah and Weston}


{Isaiah, Easton and Avery}


{Maxwell}


{All the cousins, from oldest to youngest, Isaiah, Avery, Easton, Ady, Zach, Max and Bjork}
Max was thrilled to be getting his picture taken, just thrilled.


Ady kept giggling whens she saw all the food, she said "the food is so good in my nose" {translation - the food smells good}



The past couple years we have done 2 turkeys, one deep fried and one roasted, the deep fried one is the best, and even though it looks burned, it wasnt, it gets really dark and crisp on the outside. It is so good. They both are.


{Eric dad wore his Obama '08 tee shirt to dinner to ruffle feathers in a family of mostly republicans. :), but what could we say? OBama DID win.}


{Ady and I wore our matching aprons to cook in, but we didnt get a pic together, oh well, maybe next year.}


{the kids table}

9 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

looks like the perfect thanksgiving. how nice of you to host. sounds stressful to me:) sarah is coming in town this weekend so hopefully we can all kick it

The Shupes said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner!! We are so blessed. Um, I have a random question for you. I am trying to decide what double stroller to buy and I think you have both of the ones I am looking at. A graco or a jogging one, phil and teds. If you had to chose one which one would you prefer. I want a jogging one really bad, but is is really good for inside also? Thanks for your help and I thought I noticed both of those strollers in pictures, but if not, just ignore me!!

Jen Tornow said...

Looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving!! I love the family pictures on your "so grateful" post. You guys are such a wonderful, cute family!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! It looks like Ady was in heaven! I love her little comment about the food and her nose... so cute!

Sarah said...

Hailey! Looks like you had so much fun. Like Amy said I'll be in town next weekend so I'm thinking we could some say hi sunday if you're going to be around. In the mean time I'll call you tomorrow, or you call me. 208-949-0614

Polen's said...

Max looks just like Eric...and yet I see you in him too. He is just adorable. I loved the photos of him praying. Ady is the sweetest little thing I've ever seen. I love the way you do her hair. Her comment on the food aroma is so sweet!! Glad to see your had a successful party!

daniellekwhite said...

your food looks good! i forgot to take pics on thanksgiving!

Scott and Chelsey said...

You are always the perfect host! I would have loved to eat that food! And you all look sooo posh on the big day! Hot family!

Lovell Family said...

Hey, I didn't get some of these thanksgiving pics on the CD...like the ones of the yummy food...Did I get all your pics, or just westons?