Monday, August 2, 2010

Friday Night in the Mountains


This past Friday night we went up the canyon with 2 other families to do tin foil dinners and s'mores. I don't know why we haven't done this more this summer
(maybe because of new Lucy?) because it was so fun. The kids were in heaven getting dirty and exploring.

(My kids and the Tornow girls, I wish I had more pics of the Skinrood kids but every time I took out my camera, David ran off)

Lucy in the wilderness

We roasted hot dogs and cooked our dinner tin foil creations. Which were actually really good. There is nothing my husband cant cook.


I love this face..


And I believe my kids only had 3 courses of sugar for the night and no actual food with any nutritional value... but they sure were happy.


Miss Lucy is Miss Crosseyes in like every picture we take, she either crosses her eyes or spits up or sneezes.
Hmmm... what's on my nose mom??

{PS I'm getting my roots touched up tomorrow...}

The kids were so cute, they built their own "bonfire" out of sticks and leaves over in the trees they they sat around and pretended to cook over. I love how their little imaginations work.


But they did need to come hang out at the real fire to make their s'mores later on...


I love that I caught this on camera, Max dropped his s'mores of his plate and did a typical "Max" upset routine. First comes the "heeey...oh no fair I dropped mine" face, followed by his pouting face then the screaming crying starts.
This is SOOO Maxwell. If you have spent anytime with him, you are familiar with these faces.


We knew that once someone got that upset over s'mores. it was bedtime
and Lucy agreed.



So we headed home.

8 comments:

Katie and Matt said...

So cool, I want to do that with our fam now! Ady's outfit is so cute with those boots, Max is adorable as usual and Lucy is just too cute for words! I remember when Matt and I thought something might be wrong with Jackson's eyesight because he was always cross-eyed, lol.

Jason and Amy said...

oh my gosh could max be any cuter???? im obsessed with his meltdown pictures. and no wonder you love carson he is max's twin....he is the meltdown master. carson has a huge vein that pops in his neck when he is really pissed. if your lucky you will get to witness that someday :) oh and lucy is a doll and i can totally see eric in her. love teeny babies

Lovell Family said...

seriously cracked up with your max commentary....perfect!

Lovell Family said...

okay...i looked at the post again, and cracked up, again! When I'm in a bad mood...I'm just gonna look at these pictures of max!

Callie said...

How fun!!! Your kids couldn't get any cuter and lil' Lucy is perfect, I love her sweet lil' face and I'm so excited to get to meet her next week. So glad things are going well for you guys!

Jen Tornow said...

When Cec saw the pictures of Lucy, she says "AWWW, Lucy. She's so cute. Like she's smaller than everyone."

Cute pictures! That was a fun night!

Melinda Lindahl said...

That post made me laugh. I love the cross- and googly-eyed looks on babies! I can't believe Max is almost as tall as Ady! Wow! Great shots of Max throwing fits. Baby Lucy is so precious and chubby.

Momma Sue said...

All the pics are cute, but the Max "upset" pictures are priceless!!