Tuesday, August 17, 2010

San Diego Weekend

{Eric and Lulu in her stroller in the Gaslamp}

This past weekend, I got to spend in San Diego with these 2, Eric and Baby Lucy.
I'm sad I don't have more pics but it seems like I don't pull the camera out as much when Ady and Max aren't around.
But here are the highlights of our weekend
- Dinner of delicious fish tacos on Coronado Friday night with Danny and Diana DeBate. Our good friends who just moved to San Diego the week Lucy was born.
- staying at the beautiful historic US Grant hotel
- Watching Eric almost lose his patience driving down the 5 from LA in traffic Friday afternoon
- Mexican Breakfast in the Gaslamp
-Our 3 mile stroll around the Gaslamp Quarter and Seaside Village Saturday morning with Lucy
-The Fish Market
- taking a Saturday afternoon nap with my 2 loves
- Kevin Riley (aka K dogg, Diddy, Diddy Dogg, Eric's old BYU/post BYU room mate) and his beautiful bride Sara get married which was the purpose of this entire trip.
-Their lovely reception at the Thursday Club, with its beautiful garden and lovely view of the ocean and seeing Kevin so happy.
-seeing old friends at the reception
- Dessert room service (sweets for me, cheese tray for Eric, as usual)
- our drive to Burbank on Sunday
-Visitng Cat and Weston (Erics cousin) and their kids for the afternoon
-how easy flights are with just one little tiny baby instead of 3 kids
-having our friend Dave Jaynes on our flight home and catching up with him
- all the one on one time Lucy got with her Daddy for once


So fun. Ohio post coming soon, I just had to sort through my 300 photos first.

4 comments:

jillian said...

first, so happy kevin got married. hes a good guy! second, i hate the 5 freeway with such a passion. every time i go to california i dread traveling on the stupid freeway! and...we were totally in ca at the same time :)

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had fun! I love cornado, I really think I could be so happy living there and riding my cute beach bicycle around.

hayleyrowan said...

your last few posts are so cute. that sushi shower was adorable and the blessing pictures are so sweet. glad you had fun in san diego. we're sorry we missed it. we would love to come swim, call us anytime!

Sarah said...

So fun you guys went down for Diddy's wedding, I bet he was so handsome. Miss you!