Thursday, April 23, 2009

High School Girlfriends


{Me, Chelly, Katie, Kristin, Liza and And}

Last night I got to have dinner with some of my favorite people to have dinner with, my High School girlfriends. We went to macaroni Grill in downtown Salt Lake, which happens to be where we always went to dinner to celebrate each others birthdays when we were in High School, not everyone could make it (especially since a couple live out of state) and everyone schedules are so busy it is hard to find a night that works for everyone.  And we missed the ones who weren't there. But, it was still so fun.


{sorry Andrea, I guess the waitress didn't think you needed to be in this pic}

Whenever we get together we usually have some of the same conversations
"Do you remember how stupid we were when we did this...."
"remember when we ran out of gas in Haley's van? or ran through the frat house? or crashed the green gator at Pier 49 pizza? remember when we dated that guy? or drove in Lindsey's Geo? How about this dance? or that fight? or Chelsey and No Doz? FYA??
It is so much fun. We can laugh and talk for hours. I never want to leave and we usually are the last ones in the restaurant.
All our stories made me a little nostalgic, so today I went and looked through some of my old pics I have in a box in my closet, so I thought I would scan and post some of them. For my memories sake, and my girlies. I love you guys!
I am so glad that 10 weddings (just one for each of us) and 12 kids later, we can still have so much fun together.

{Kristin, Jessi, Andrea, Me, Chels and Linz} 
{I think we thought we looked adorable this day... haha, just look at that extreme posing}

{Me and Liza Lou}

{Liza, me, Linz, Katie, Chelly, Andrea and Kristin}

{Kristin, Jessi, Chelly, me, Andrea and Linz}

12 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my gosh...you were so cute! I love reminiscing with old girlfriends, it's the best.

K-So the D90 is on my wish list! Thx, you confirmed it!

& see you tomorrow-Viva Las Vegas! Hope you're bringing it so I can check it out...:)

Melinda Lindahl said...

Wow! You look so young! How fun you have high school pictures to post.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Yeah!!! Oh how the good old days. I think we called ourselves the Sexy 6 for a while... Some things never change ha ha and I'm so so glad we live so close to each other so we can see each other often! Love ya Hay!!!

Lisa said...

Good times ... then and now!

Momma Sue said...

My high school friends were over here last night...still laughing, gossiping, eating, and arguing, just like we did 40 years ago. We're a "little" wrinklier, abit slower, and somewhat "wider". But the main difference, we all brag about our grandkids!! I hope you stay connected thru the years!! Girlfriends are great!

Haley said...

That's awesome you have little HS girlfriends reunions! I bet you soak up every minute with them :) And i love the old pictures!! Pictures bring back the sweetest memories :)

Anonymous said...

I hope we are like your Mother-in-law! Still getting together when we're Grandma's!

We need to have a play date. Kinsley always asks if Ady is her friend and when she can go see her!

Amber Lynn said...

what fun pictures!!!! your still and always hav been such a hottie! miss the kandells!

Lovell Family said...

cute pictures...the first couple look like you guys were color coordinated!

Darbee said...

It's fun seeing pictures of all you girls all grown up. :-) And the one's from high school... Hilarious! Too cute!

Callie said...

You guys all look so cute, love all the pictures. We've all had some great memories. Wish I could've been at dinner, miss u guys!

Jordan said...

Isn't getting together with girlfriends the best? It's like you're right back where you left off even though many things have changed. By the way- that color looks great on you!