Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend in Park City


{Hailey, Ady and Max on Main Street Park City}

I have started to realize today as I was downloading the pictures from our weekend in Park City, my weekend blogs have been more about what we eat on our Body for Life free day than anything else. Oh well only 2 weeks more and I will stop reporting what we eat every Saturday. :) This weekend we had a very nice relaxing time up in Park City. Eric's aunt and uncle have a beautiful condo up in Jeremy Ranch they were kind enough to let us stay at this weekend. We had a great time with the kids.



Saturday morning we went into Downtown Park City to eat breakfast at the local favorite The Eating Establishment. It was wonderful and since we had a relatively late breakfast it wasn't crowded since most of the skiers were already on the mountain.


{my breakfast vs. Erics, or sweet vs. salty}



The kids were so good out to breakfast, Max was being such a cheese ball for the camera, I have about a dozen of him just from breakfast. Cutest Face.



We walked the shops on Main Street and later had lunch at a new sushi bar on Main Street called Yuki Arashi. We liked it, maybe not as much as Flying Sumo or Blind Dog (both in Park City as well) but it was good.


{Ady and Eric walking on Main}

Ady and max love sushi as much as Eric and I do. Check out Ady improving her chop sticks skills.



Later on Saturday our babysitter Emily (from home) drove up to Park City to babysit while Eric and I went out on a little date. We first did a little Spring shopping for Eric at the outlets.He was so nice to model everything I picked out for him.  Then we went to dinner at Chimayo on Main, it was excellent, and it was a really good thing we had thought to get reservations because Main Street was packed with tourists and locals. The weather was so good EVERYONE in Park City must have decided it was a good night to go out. My camera died during dinner so the only picture I got (a real shame cuz everything there was beautiful) was of our appetizer, a soup sampler of their famous housemade soups. Delish!


10 comments:

Momma Sue said...

Fun weekend...yummy looking food...darling pictures of the kids!!

seetheminers said...

Wow. You guys are really good at having fun. That food looks really good too. Maybe we will have to try some of those places next time we are up there. And, you have an amazing babysitter...what a find. If you are all feeling better maybe we can plan something this week.

AnnieB said...

okay, so I've been catching up (it's been a little while) and you guys do so many fun things (I thought we were bad!) and capture it in such a beautiful way. Love all your pics. Wish I could enjoy your dessert night (mouth watering) and I recognize many favorite spots from your St. George visit. We're going as soon as school gets out.
Hope I'm included when you go private. annieblatter@gmail.com
Hi to the whole fam!

Lindsey said...

So fun! The weather looks perfect too. What is that giant egg thing Ady is holding?

Melinda Lindahl said...

So fun! Isn't it fun just hanging out with the fam? Miss you guys!

Scott and Chelsey said...

So fun! Love Park City!

T n T - K n K said...

I had to comment on the soup, yummmo!! All of the food looks so yummy. I've never been to Park city but all the beautiful pictures I see are definitely making me want to pay it a little visit. My family never even blinks an eye anymore with my camera...it goes where I go.. :-)...great pictures btw

Polen's said...

Love, love, love the photos of Max from breakfast. He is adorable. What a sweetheart! Looks like fun times!

Jill said...

That savory breakfast is right up my alley. Yum. I'm curious about the giant egg too?

hayleyrowan said...

we should go eat at Zoom in PArk City one night, I'm sure you've been there, but it's always good. so cute your kids eat sushi, i've tried, can't do it!