Sunday, March 29, 2009

And the Celebration Begins....



Tonight we went up to my mom and dad's for a little Sunday dinner and birthday celebration for my sister Breanna (turning 11 years old) and for my Max who on Tuesday will be 2 years old. My mom always likes to have a dinner honoring each birthday in our family with a dinner menu selected by the birthday guest. Breanna and Max collaborated and it was a pasta bar complete with ever kind of pasta, spaghetti, macaroni, shells etc. My kids loved it!
Then there was cake time, I had Dippidee make Max an airplane cake which he loved, even the airplanes were edible.


{as soona s he blew out his candles he started licking it cake}




My parents got Max a cute little pretend puppy that he can pull on a sting that pants and barks and they got his a BIKE!! He was so excited, he just laughed and laughed. he has wanted a bike since Ady got one last year. Now he is ready to roll.



Breanna was such a great sport to share her day with Max since today was officially "her " day. She is the best little aunt to our kids , they just love her.



{Breanna's cake}

And tomorrow night is Max's 2nd birthday party we are throwing him at our house, it is going to be a Pirate party. Max is so excited, he wont quit asking about it. 

9 comments:

jayne said...

I love the picture of him about to take a bite out of the cake. He is such a handsome little man. I love the cakes too. Makes me want to try and make one.

Allison said...

Oh my goodness, those cakes are incredible! What a fun idea to have a pasta bar...that is fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

My best, Allison~

Jen Bird said...

Happy Birthday Max!! Love his cake...those airplanes are awesome!! Hope he has fun celebrating!

The Jorgensen's said...

Dipidee does such a great job with cakes. We had them do Megan's for her first birthday. I are excited to come to the pirate party tomight, and for Mexico, but that goes without saying!

Larsen said...

He is so cute! I love the pictures of him licking the cake, what a crack up!

Diana said...

Those cakes look delicious and sooooo cute. Can't wait to she how the pirate party turns out.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Max and Breanna!! Those cakes are adorable!

Callie said...

Fun party, I love the cakes! Happy Birthday Max, he's getting so big! Hope he has a great party tomorrow!

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

I didn't know that your max and my Kenzie have the same exact birthday! She turned 2 on tuesday too! how funny! Happy Birthday Max!