Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Smoot Reunion


(Hailey and my son Max, in the pink glasses)

This weekend was my (Hailey's) side of the families reunion. For the Smoot (my dad's side) Kjar and Essig cousins to get together. We spent al day Saturday up at Pineview. 
Boating, playing beach volleyball, letting the kids run in in the sand, tubing and being together.



This is boat Captain Eric.
We brought our boat up as well as a couple of my uncles brought theirs. So Eric was on the lake most of the day taking everyone wakeboarding, tubing and etc.



This was the only nap my poor Max got all day, he fell asleep in my dad's arms out on the lake then we laid him down on a blanket in the sun, 10 feet from a beach volleyball game, and with all my noisy family around so as you can imagine the nap only lasted 15 mins.



(Ady and max both took turns with Ady's sunglasses, max loved them, I think he needs his own glasses)




Eric with a bunch of the boy cousins, Eric said they were INSANE in the tube wars!



The best babysitters and aunts, my sisters, Bree and Christa




We FORCED, as Breanna says, her out on the tube for a gentle ride, look at her face though, she hated every second of it.



My dirty kids played and dug in the sand all day.



Ady and her uncle Austin


(this is the only pics I got of the Smoots as a group, and they are praying together, how appropriate. 

After a full day at the lake we drove up to Monte Cristo, about a half hour away for dinner at my aunt and uncles cabin, although I don't think you can even call it a cabin, its more like the Kjar lodge, most everyone was spending the night up there after dinner, but we had to come home because Eric had to teach Gospel Doctorine today. 
We had a fun day with my family. We always do when we get together, we are such a HUGE group and my kids love running around with my cousins kids.

11 comments:

NicKnight said...

Wow, you always have so many fun things going on I can't keep up with it all! I love that you guys are always with family and doing so many cool things together. Good Times.

Melissa said...

Looks like you all had a blast. I love Max in Addy's glasses so cute. Can't wait for Saturday :)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Those underwater pics on the last post are so neat!

Jen Herem said...

You really need to go get Max those glasses Nixen has.. TARGET!!!

Sarah Pugmire said...

You guys do so much fun stuff, I can hardly keep up! First, Love the underwater pics of Ady! She really does look like Areil. And, I wanted to say that Your little sisters are absolutly adorable!

Scott and Chelsey said...

How fun! I'm so jealous. Boating is life! Haven't been since I got married how sad!

Callie said...

How fun, that's where our reunion is this weekend! Cute pictures! See you Saturday!

Lisa said...

How come you were taking a picture during the prayer??? You little sneak! j/k But really that is only like 1/10 of the Smoot Clan!

Tiffany said...

What a fun looking reunion. How do you get so many pictures on one post? I'd love to figure that out.

Sunshine Promises said...

Hay,

Question for you - I know you are you guys are ALWAYS getting pictures taken. We are scheduling a shoot with gallery this Nov. - Dec. What locations have been your favorite (fabulous stone walls, brick/iron gates, massive mantels, etc.)? I saw a picture on their site that MAY have been Addie from the back walking through a stone/iron gate. Where was that?

Thanks in advance for the help!

patty said...

Haley Smoot!!! no way!!! I knew there would be some good that came out of my blog stocking (looking at a friend, of a friend, of a friend's blog), I'd eventually run into an old long lost friend. You have such a cute family and when and HOW did you ever become so domesticated???? I'd love to get in touch again. Love your ecua mom with a flat butt. keep in touch. patty.sorenson@gmail.com