Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fort Lauderdale, Florida



Since this past Wednesday night, I have been in Florida with 2 of my gal pals. My friend, Chelsey (nyborg) Bell and I have been best buddies since we were little. And every summer her husband takes her away for the whole summer so he can manage a Apex Security sales team. The first year they were in Cincinatti and Colorado. Then last year they were in Pittsburgh (although last year I did get to see them since they came to Kent to visit us at Eric's parents house) an this year they were in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. SO, I have missed her and on top of being alone, she is prego, with her first little girl (due in October) so I decided this summer I would go and see her. So Kristin Defa (another Highschool friend of mine) and I went out this past Wednesday night and had a ourselves a little girls trip. All 3 of us checked into a super resort and spa right on the beach. The Westin Diplomat in Fort Lauderdale, we think we must have got a room upgrade cuz we had a beautiful full view of the ocean and beach. SO pretty!



We spent time at the pool, and just laying around



We made a couple of trips to the wonderful spa, we did an early morning (well, is 9am early on vacation?) Body Sculpt class at the fitness center, we got dessert from rooms service, went to a movie, ordered one in, bragged about the men in our lives and did all the girly relaxing AND CHATTING we could.




We even had pretty good weather, it rained one of the days while we were out at the pool, as you can see below. We were just sitting on our lounge chairs and a few drops came, then a huge down pour. Everyone ran out of the rain. I have never seen a crowded pool deck cleared in 1 minute until then.


But, I was so much fun to just hang out and talk and be together. Kristin is getting married in 6 weeks so she had plenty to tell us about and Chelsey is prego and deciding on girl names and colors and all that fun stuff. So, I was so glad we were able to do this. Thanks Chels and Kristin! Let's for sure be doin it again next year!



And of course here is a picture of my kids who I missed so much. They are wearing the Fort 
Lauderdale shirts I bought them while I was away, and sporting the "I Love Fort Lauderdale"  monkeys I got them as well.
Yay, Mama is back home!!!
 Oh man, did I miss those sweet faces, and my adorable husband who managed to hold down the fort while I was away. Thanks baby, I owe ya :)




20 comments:

kristin said...

Hailey thanks for talking me into going I had so much fun!!! cute pics i need to get copies from ya.... I am excited to see you thursday:)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

That looks so fun! Do you want to plan a cousin girl trip? I am totally down!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you got to have so much fun, and you are one hot mom Hay! I'm so excited for Friday too. I'll email you tomorrow.

Callie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish I could've come. There is nothing better than girl friends & the spa. Love all the pictures, way cute!

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! All of those pics are so cute! See ya Thurs!

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! All of those pics are so cute! See ya Thurs!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Can't we do this once a month? Miss you guys so much! Now I have to work! Thanks so much for everything and saving my long summer!

Lindsey said...

I love your new background. I think it might be my favorite so far. I'm glad you had fun on the girls trip but I'm not glad I missed it. So sad.

Sarah Pugmire said...

I bet you guys had sooooooo much fun! Hw nice, I miss the spa, its been to long. yOu girlies are way too cute!

Danielle said...

I'm so jealous.. girl trips are the best! I'm so glad you went and saw Chelsey, I miss that girl. By the way, love the new background. Thanks for all the comments! Love ya

Josh said...

your kids are so cute! I don't think we've ever met Max, which is really sad. We need to get together and hang out. Let's go get Sushi or something.

Lovell Family said...

alright, who did you have put your background together? did you do that? It's totally cute!

Brittany said...

Looks like fun, you always are going on such fun trips, I'm jealous. I get a girls trip in August though with my mom and sisters and can't wait. We are dropping Hayley off at BYU Hawaii.

Jason and Amy said...

totally jealous. Glad you had fun with chels. can't believe we are going to actually see each other friday...awesome!

Darbee said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip. We are planning a girl's trip with my friends soon, and those pic's just made me all the more excited! So Fun! Chelsey doesn't even look pregnant! That's so exciting! Tell her congrats for me.
Hey... how do you make your template so cute? Do you use photoshop? I seriously need to take a class or something! :-)

Momma Sue said...

I'm glad you had so much fun, Hailey!
Life wouldn't be as good without girlfriends!

Wellings said...

Glad you were able to get away. It is so nice to get a little break, especially with girl friends!!!!

Torrey said...

What a fun trip. It's great to keep in touch with old girlfirends and do fun stuff like that with them.

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

It's been a while since I've checked blogs and yours looks amazing! What a fun girls trip! I'm jealuos :)

Jen Bird said...

How fun! Chelsey looks so darling pregnant and I haven't seen Kristin in forever! How fun that she is getting married in a few weeks! Tell them all hello from me!