Friday, February 1, 2008

My Favorite Cheesecake Recipe


Last weekend we had some friends over for an Sunday dinner and I made the favorite Cheesecake which I haven't in quite awhile and I was reminded why it is my favorite... Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it really is. It is (of course) a Williams Sonoma recipe, they are like my favorite books! Oh and for sure use a springform pan the first time I didn't and lets just say it wasn't as pretty as the one I made on Sunday (pictured)

Williams Sonoma Dessert's Baked Cheesecake Recipe
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla (or 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract which is what I use)
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups fresh berries (garnish)
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter; press mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan; set aside.
Blend cream cheese and sugar together (in a food processor or with a medium-speed electric mixer) until smooth; add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition; add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla; blend well; pour filling over the crust and spread evenly.
Lay a sheet of aluminum foil that has been bent up slightly to form a "foil tent" over the top of pan and not touching cheesecake (this is to prevent overbrowning) then bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes (remove foil tent after 50-55 minutes) or until top is set.
Combine sour cream and sugar; remove cheesecake from oven and immediately spread sour cream mixture over its top; return cheesecake to oven for 5 minutes to set topping; remove from oven.
Cool cheesecake on wire rack; cover and refrigerate to chill thoroughly.
Just before serving remove sides of springform pan and transfer cheesecake to serving platter; garnish cheesecake with berries (we like cut up strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, with a little sugar dusted on top) and serve.

7 comments:

Lovell Family said...

that picture is beautiful, looks good enough to be in a magazine.

Jen Bird said...

Looks so yummy!! I will definetly have to try that one! I can't believe you made that one, it really does look like a picture in a magazine...I agree!

Amber Lynn said...

ew yummy!! I must be craving cheesecake latly cuase I have been to the new cheesecake factory like 5 or 6 times already lol.. So my big question is.. When are you planning on makeing this for me,, heheheh Love ya

Lisa said...

Ok...I always say you should open up a restaurant...a bakery would be nice too!!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Seriously...that looks to die for! I never knew you were such an amazng cook! We are coming over for dinner~!

shabbychic17 said...

Thank you for posting this receipe! I can't find my cookbook anywhere and I need to make this for Thanksgiving. It is my favorite!
Your looks amazing! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

Erica said...

I used make this recipe all the time back home for girl's nights and dinner parties-Everyone LOVED it and still talk about it! But now I moved and lost the cookbook! Thanks for posting this although, I'm confused about the lemon juice...did you add that? ...and about the last sour cream and sugar--so you bake it 1hr 15 min then pour more sour cream/sugar on top? that is interesting, sounds like a good twist.