Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things I didn't know that I would miss...


So we are all moved into our new place at the corner of American Fork, Lehi and Highland. We are even starting to get pretty settled. Enough that I have clothes hanging in my closet and our pantry is settled enough that tonight I will be making dinner here. Things are starting to look really good and everything. However, we are feeling a little bit of homesickness for our old place. The first night we slept here, I could sleep very well. I kept thinking about the little things at our old house that I didn't even know that I would miss. Things like, Adyson sitting up at the same barstool every morning to eat her breakfast, I love that she has always done that. I love how on Saturday mornings Eric would bring Max inot our bed when he woke up and we would all watch the Food Network together. Little stuff, and more of our little memories. By 3 am I was still not asleep and by that point I was thinking how I missed my old bedroom, and I wanted to go home and I started to cry. Like 3 minutes later Eric woke up and asked me why I was crying. I thought it was a little odd he woke up since I was crying VERY quietly and he has never ever woken up when the babies get up in the night. (slightly suspicious in my opinion) So I told him I was feeling homesick and sad about leaving all of our good memories at our old place. He, of course, made me feel better by reminding me how many wonderful memories we would make together in this new house. By the next morning I was feeling much better but I did ask Adyson to pick a bar stool at the new house that she would sit at every morning. Some things I just dont want to change.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

You have such a big heart! I think its so cute how you remember Ady sitting at the same place every morning. At least you have awesome memories and now you can add new routines and new memories.

seetheminers said...

I especially like the "slightly suspicious" part about Eric not hearing the babies cry :) Ha Ha. We will miss you in your old house too, but we look forward to visiting your new one...you will get used to it and love it

Lisa said...

That was such a cute post! You should be getting used to the new place soon! How do you like the ward and neighbors and stuff?

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

this sunday will be our first week at the new ward since Eric is just getting released at our old ward this week, but I have talked to the bishop a couple times, I calle dhim to see if the nurseryage is big in this wrd, and it is! Yay!

Torrey said...

How sad. I'm the same way where I get super sentimental about moving on even though it's an exciting change. I'm excited for you guys and your new house. Post some pics soon :)

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is so cute! I will never forget Scott and I's first apartment cuz we grew so much and were newlyweds. It makes you realize that it's just not about what nice houses we live in, but everyone that lives in it.