Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Bye Provo House


So tonight (Friday the 11th of January) is our last night at 199 W 3700 N in Provo. So I wanted to do a tribute post to the many wonderful memories and things we love about this house. The list goes on and on.
Me and Eric's first Thanksgiving married we hosted the whole Kandell family at our place.
This is our huge willow tree in the backyard, that is so beautiful and unique, it makes a huge mess in the fall and during windstorms with the all the leaves but it is one of our favorite features on the property.
This is me, my dad and my sisters when it was just Erics house. This was the day we got engaged in the kitchen of the house. My whole family was done for a BBQ Eric hosted so our families could meet each other and he proposed on one knee right in front of everyone in the kitchen,
We have had parties, BBQ's and Easter Egg hunts in the backyard
This is all Ady's friends swimming in the hot tub for Ady's 1st birthday party.
One of Eric's work Badmitten tournaments hosted on the backyard.
Us bringing home Adyson from the hospital, and Eric and Ady on the day we blessed her then had a big lunch at our house for family and friends.
Adyson's 2nd Birthday, a Mexican Fiesta complete with pinata hanging in our yard.
Max coming home from the hospital
The bricks Erics mom made for our front flower bed. (we are taking those to our new place though)
Eric and ADy making snow angels in the backyard
Me and Erics first Christmas together all alone at our house.
The nursery I decorated for Adyson, all by myself (with help from my pottery barn kids catalog) , me and Eric even painted it ourselves
Eric showing Adyson the pretty flowers we planted in our front yard.
We have had so many memories in this house that I cant even name them all, me and Eric even had our first kiss in our living room, it has been a wonderful house and will always hold a special place in our hearts. G'bye House!

17 comments:

Chelsey said...

Isn't it so sad to leave a home? Even though I was excited to move to VA, I was so sad to sell and leave our cute little home in Utah. Houses in VA just aren't the same...they're all colonial style. But your new place looks fabulous and just think of all the great, new memories you will get to create!

Jill said...

what a sweet post, such great memories in a first house! good luck with your move this weekend.

Sarah said...

Wow! Got to say it makes me a little sad to see the house go. We had some fun......and not so fun memories there. Don't think I'll know every inch of a house like I knew that one. I'm excited for you to make wonderful memories in the new house though. Bye Provo house!

cait said...

how sweet/sad/exciting... i must say, i'm excited for the move! I can't wait to see what i've been working on get LIVED IN! Your cute little family will fit perfectly in your cute new home! Tonight as I was putting your dining chair cushions back on (yes you can sit at your table now!), I couldn't believe that I'm almost done...kind of bittersweet for me too! I'll miss hanging out with you everyday!

jillian said...

dont forget all the provo parties! WOO!!!

stacy h. said...

even i have some memories at that house! :) kind of sad to leave it, i am sure. but think of all the new memories to come in your new house! with more room to grow!!

Lindsey said...

Wow...so much has happened. It's amazing to think of everything that hasn't happened yet in your new house!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Even though I never got to see the old house I'm way excited to see the new one!!! How does Ady like the house? So much fun... BTW...how's your tooth doing?

Scott and Chelsey said...

Just think... more memories get to come even closer to the Bell's. We are so excited to be close to you! Call me all the time!

seetheminers said...

I will miss your old house too, but you will soon come to love your new house too. It's like a car...Derek was sad when we sold his truck "Little Red" a few weeks ago. We are excited about your new house and so happy for you. We'll bring our kids over and they can help you guys break it in so you feel like its home!

Jason and Amy said...

love that post! love your provo house, even I have some good memories there

Amber Lynn said...

hey hot stuff! its hard to leave a house that has so many fun things about it.. We need to come up with a night again like we use to do.. the apprentice nights.. those were fun!!! Im selling the store.. there is a cute lil couple that fell in love with it when they came in and are buying it in feb. so I will have time to come down and finaly do a play day with max and ady and tanner man. Hey i was looking at your pics on this post and i was wondering were you got max car seat.. or car seat cover.. everything i have for this baby is those colors and i love that you found a car seat thingy like it.. so let me know where you found it!! if you need anymore help unpacking , let me know!!!

Callie said...

What fun memories. It's sad to leave a house where you've made so many memories but now you can make new ones in your new house.

Lisa said...

It is always a sad feeling to leave a familiar place! I am excited for you and your family to make new memories and meet more people! Good luck with everything and let me know when you would like to get together! oh but my cell is broken for the moment so call my house!

Camille Law said...

Great goodbye post. Seems like yesterday Eric was throwing all his bachelor parites in that house. Good luck with moving and the new house...can't wait to see it someday. Love you guys!
The Laws

Amber Lynn said...

THANKS BEAUTIFUL FOR THE WEB SITE! WAY CUTE!!

Jen Bird said...

I even got sad for you leaving somewhere with so many memories!! I'll miss seeing your house everytime I got to my inlaws. :) I can't wait to see your new house though.