Monday, December 31, 2007

Cabo was a no-go.

So I should have arrived home today after 5 days with my hubby, kids and in laws in sunny Cabo San Lucas, but that is simply not how things went down. Christmas Day I spent in a lot of pain because and abcess in my mouth got infected. The infection even got so bad it made the tooth which hapened to be a veneer weak and it fell out. (PS it was my very front right tooth and yes I have pictures) so after more pain and a night of throwing up and fever and chills we decided to cancel Cabo so i could stay home and get the dental and medical treatment I needed. Eric and I spent Thursday and Friday morning at the dentist, me squirming in the chair and Eric watching my pain. Now after a screw in my gums, a lot of drilling and digging, about 10 shots and some gum shaving and ect, I have a temporary fix to my pain and problem, but no tan from being in Mexico. It was a bummer to have to stay home for a dumb tooth but after it got worse over the week and my whole mouth and face started swelling it was clear we made the right call. Eric howveer did not tell his employees we stayed home from Mexico so they wouldnt bug him and he still stayed home with us. I hav4e 2 more dentist appointments until everything will be finsihed and back to normal, I think he is afraid I am a flight risk since he hurt me so had so he perscribed me a sedative to take for the next appointment, I cant wait until my mouth looks and feels normal again. We hope all our friends and family had a Merry Christmas and a great 2007. We will psot our pics from Christmas morning soon. Love you all!
The Kandells

16 comments:

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Oh my gosh that sounds terrible. I have had alot of dental work and it is no fun so I feel your pain. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Jen Herem said...

Okay.. that really sucks! I hope you are feel'n better. I'd rather have pain anywhere else than in my mouth!

Kate said...

Yikes. Sorry about your trip - I hope you feel better SOON!

Elise said...

I am so sorry. I hope you start feeling better. I had to get a root canal after I had Conner because my teeth got so weak while being pregnant. I hope that isn't the case this time! Oh and about the babies name we just have a few picked out that we like and will decided on one when we see the little guy. Hopefully he will be here within the week or so.

Wish me luck!
Happy New Year!

Jason and Amy said...

what a bummer! i have nightmares about my teeth falling out, glad you got it taken care of. i bet it was nice hanging with the fam even if it wasn't in cabo

Lindsey said...

At least you can say your holiday was memorable! I hope you recover soon and hopefully you will be able to reschedule Mexico.

Sunshine Promises said...

Your tooth fell out! I am so sorry (especially since you missed a relaxing trip because of it). But I'm glad you stayed. Can you imagine having those issues in Mexico? Quite frightening, indeed. I hope your next dental visit is near-pain free and that you feel on your feet again soon.

Lisa said...

Ouch! That sounds so painful...especially the screw in your gums part. Hopefully everything is getting better now! Let me know if you need any help with moving and stuff. Even if it is watching the kids or something!

stacy h. said...

oh hailey! how aweful. i had a cold sore a few weeks ago that made my entire bottom lip double in size and hurt so bad. i have the feeling that was nothing compared to what you've had going on, i am so sorry! that stinks. feel better soon, at least you have some drugs for the next round. happy new year!

trent and rach henderson... said...

wow that is no good! i worked in a dental office for 5 years and i understand how painful toothaches can be! get well soon! i would love to see some sweet toothless pictures though! i bet you never thought you'd be asking santa for two front teeth again! jk
rach

Jill said...

i hope you're feeling better! happy new year

Torrey said...

What a bummer. I'm sorry you guys had to miss your fun trip. I hope that you are feeling better.

Chelsey said...

Oh, you poor girl! Hopefully you will get to make the trip up some other time. :(

Amber Lynn said...

that sucks babe, im sorry.. let alone having to cancel such a fun trip.. i hope you start feeling better soon so you guys can come up and go snowmobilling with us at the cabin! feel better!!!

Callie said...

I'm so sorry about your tooth. That sounds painful. I hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Hailey! I had no idea unti Nate just told me what happened! I haen't looked at blogs forever and can't believe you guys didn't go to Cabo. Maybe we should all take a trip since we missed our trip to Cabo too. I hope you are feeling better! Let's get together when you are feeling better!