Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Polar Express






This past Saturday we did the super festive "Polar Express" on the Heber Creeper Railroad. We bought our tickets a couple moths back since I know the weekends sell out quickly even though they have 2 rides per night. We did the late ride at 7:30 pm cuz that is all that was not sold out back in October. Me, Eric and Ady (Max stayed with a sitter, since we heard its not fun for babies) met up with Ady's Uncles Steve, Uncle Weston and Aunt Cat and cousins, Easton, Isaiah and Avery at the train station in Heber, the vintage style train cars were all decorated and lit up for Christmas. We got on the train and got seats together. it was so fun for the kids cuz they get to dress in their pajamas and robes just like in the real Polar Express. And we went on the ride, hot cocoa and cookies were served and we sang songs and the elves told jokes and then when we go to the "North Pole" (Ogden station) Santa came on the train, he went around and individually talked to all the kids, and gave them all a Christmas bell. Ady loved it being with her cousins and seeing Santa, and watching out the window of the train. It was great for her. Then on the way back to heber the kids got to see Mrs. Claus come around and talk to them. It really was a lot of fun. Ady loved it!



7 comments:

Kate said...

Ady kills me. She is SO CUTE!! That looks like fun ... we need to take our big kids on the Express next year.

cait said...

so cute..i showed this to Brig & he wants to go on the polar express now.

Callie said...

Way fun! I wish I would've known about that. I would love to take my kids next year. The Polar Express is one of our favorite movies. Jaxon watches it all the time.

Jen Bird said...

K it has been way too long since I've been online so it was fun to do a catch up on what you've been up to! The polar express looked like so much fun, I'll have to remember that. I laughed at Ady's comment about that t-shirt so hard!! That is hillarious! And how funny is that bird, that's the scariest looking bird ever...I'm glad it's gone. :) Merry Christmas tomorrow!!

Lindsey said...

So fun! Ady's face looks like she is having a blast. I love your family you guys are so cute.

The Culbertson's said...

I am SO jeleous (can't spell!)!! Aspen LOVES the Polar Express. Looks like the kids really enjoyed themselves. I love having kids so I can have an reason to do all these fun things again! Merry Christmas!

Chelsey said...

How fun! You guys are always doing such fun activities with your kids.