Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Adyson's Date Night

On Saturday this past weekend, Eric and I were gone from 8:30 in the morning (before our kids got up) to 1 pm, to go look at houses. We left the kids with Lauren, our babysitter. Then when we got home at 1, it was time for them to go down for their afternoon naps. And Eric and I had actually planned for a couple of weeks to go on a date that night and had my cousin coming over to babysit. But we felt bad about that since we hadn't played with the kids all day. So we took Ady out on our date night with us and my cousin Aimee and her husband Porter took care of Max and put him to bed. We took Ady out to dinner at Mikado up by Cottonwood Canyon. it's one of our favorite Utah sushi restaurants, we sat at the sushi bar and Adyson ate sushi with us, she even insisted on trying some of Eric's toro (which is a piece of raw fatty tuna, the best you can get, layed over rice). She didnt even spit it out, I think she liked it. She ate some of all of our rolls and of course ate most of the ginger and dipped her chopsticks in soy sauce then sucked on them. She is so awesome, I think people thought it was a little weird to see a 2 year old sitting up to the sushi bar but no one seemed to mind since she was perfectly well behaved. Then we drove down to American Fork and went to Applebee's to get dessert. We had a ton of fun bringing Adyson on our date night with us and think we will do it more often.

12 comments:

stacy h. said...

how fun! sean and i will have to check out mikado. that little girl of yours is so stinkin' cute!

Jen Bird said...

Yeah, I love hearing about what you are up to!! I have haven't looked online for a little while, so it was fun to hear an update!! Your kids are seriously adorable!! I can't wait to check out your food blog!! I think I'll do that next. :)

Lisa said...

I love Ady! She has probably had more fish in her life than me! What a cutie pie! I bet she loved her date!

jillian said...

that is so cute! Yes my pillows are from antrho and yes I am a decorator!

Melanie Posell said...

So how is the house hunt coming? Are you going to be moving more northward or trying to stay to the south? Hope all is going well!

trent and rach henderson... said...

yay i'm glad you found my blog, i forgot to leave it on my comment!trent is in the physical therapy graduate program in el paso texas, that's what brought us down here! you have such a cute little family! your still so tiny after having 2 kids! i'm jealous! it was good to hear from you!

Jill said...

i love it. my boss has a little boy with quite the taste palette as well - i think it is soooo good to get them eating different foods when they are young. (if they will that is!)
how did your house hunting go?

Lindsey said...

I love sushi but I can't imagine I would have eaten it at Ady's age...good for her! She is already accustomed to awesome food thanks to you guys.

Jason and Amy said...

What good parents you guys are! Sounds like so much fun! Props to Ady for trying such grown up food. Sarah hasn't seen the babies yet...i'm in the process of trying to bribe her to come help me take care of them so Jason can go back to work... help me out if you can :)

Camille Law said...

Love your blog guys! I need tips Hailey! Your kids are gorgeous! We sure miss you! Come visit us in Vegas, for your next trip. We love your family!
Love, The Laws

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

That is really cute you took Ady! Nate and I need to go on date since I never see him anymore :)

Amber Lynn said...

that is so stinkin cute! What a great dad, Have him rub off on josh would ya!