Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Santa Monica



Last weekend, I took a little girls trip with some of my girlfriends to Santa Monica, California. Being busy mothers (me, Chelly and Amy) of and busy student/full time working woman (Sarah) our main goal was to do a little relaxing.

We had so much fun, chatting, and laughing and doing whatever we felt like whenever we felt like doing it. Thanks girls for the fun, fun weekend. Same time, new place.. next year??



Friday night dinner at Sushi Roku in Santa Monica





Followed by rides, ice cream, hula hooping (Chels) at the carnival on the Santa Monica Pier





Chels said the ferris wheel felt romantic so I planted a big smooch on her




We made plenty of time for laying out with pina coladas and our books/magazines/i-pods




Saturday night we went to dinner at Ketchup in West Hollywood, hoping to see someone famous... we didn't.


While all on the trip we also did a bit of shopping on Rodeo in Beverly Hills and 3rd street Promonade in Santa Monica





Our final objective for the trip was to find the best cupcakes L.A. had to offer, we tried 
Vanilla Bake Shop (very good but super rude sales girl)



Yummy Cupcakes (not so yummy we all felt so sick)




And then Sprinkles.. sounds obvious but we liked Sprinkles the best



11 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

fun fun fun, those cup cakes make my mouth water.. there is a pic of you and chels eating cup cakes and you are pulling a face, i swear I have seen ady pull in a picture befor, so cute.

Sunshine Promises said...

Looks like such a fun trip. The Sprikles Cupcakes look fantab. Question: right after my baby was born, your mom brought over some leftover lemon cupcakes from a shower that was held at her home. They HAD to be from a bakery. Did you get those? WHO made them? They were DIVINE!

Partyof9 said...

Ah...my old stompin' grounds....people don't understand why I want to move back to Southern California. Isn't it the best?!
It was really nice to see California but for a moment in those pictures.
I'm glad you made it to Sprinkles. They are the best. Did you get to try Pinkberry frozen Yogurt? Mm!


Thanks for sharing!

Scott and Chelsey said...

glad you had my face and bod all over your blog... you are dead! good thing you are a good kisser!

the waites said...

What a fun trip! It makes me miss it. I love 3rd Street, the entertainers kill me. I loved seeing all your family pictures, so fun. Your extensions look great!

stacy h. said...

nothing better than a needed girls trip, they are the best! looks like fun. all the girls look fab! :)

The Jorgensen's said...

Fun trip! Love the cupcake search.

Tiffany said...

I've decided that I can't read your blog anymore, it just makes me wish to be other places than where I am and my mind can't take it anymore;)

Callie said...

Looks like a fun trip! You guys all look so cute!

Sarah said...

I have been craving sprinkles ever since we got back. Such a fun weekend and so needed. I like the same time different place idea. Love ya!

The Petersons said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! You all look great!