Saturday, July 18, 2009

Butterflies and Baby Shower


Last Night a hosted a butterfly/garden themed baby shower for my sister in law and Eric'c younger sister Lisa. Lisa has 2 cute little boys, Easton {6 months older than Ady} and Zach {3 weeks older than Max} but now she is finally getting herself a little girl, due this September. It was a great night. We had a sit down dinner on my upstairs balcony with everyone because the guest list wasn't enormous it made it much easier to have a nice dinner instead of an open house/ buffet. I really liked being able to sit around and talk while we ate.



Flowers purchased at and potted by Cactus and Tropical (yes, those hydrangeas are REAL), Cupcakes by Dippidee, dinner made by me, Eric and Eric's mother Sue. Thanks for your help Eric and Sue!  And favors and shower decor by -- yours truly, Hailey Kandell.










The Dinner Menu
Chicken, steak and veggie asian ginger peanut kabobs grilled table side
asian cabbage salad with homemade dressing
Grilled artisan breads with olive oil and balsamic drizzle, topped with basil from my garden.
Berry fool with layers fruit in champagne flutes







After a lovely dinner outside, we went inside {where it was cooler} for gifts.
Lisa got some really cute girly stuff.




Lisa, the guest of honor, her mom and me 



Our cousin Mariah even flew in from Ohio for the shower.
Here's a little family pic.. we were just missing Cat.
Thank you everyone so much for coming and making it a really special night for Lisa. We can't wait to meet our new little niece. Love ya Lisa!


22 comments:

Partyof9 said...

You are OH so talented!
With the tool's you have available to you in the Utah valley and the talent you posess..everything you touch is just magical. It comes across loud and clear via your blog.
Thank you for sharing all you do with us. Even those you have never met ( like me). :)

Mars said...

You do some of the most amazing stuff. I wish you were a party planner for hire! You have some serious talent!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Simply Beautiful! You have one lucky sister in law!!

Lisa said...

Wow Hailey! I don't think any of us will dare do a shower now! Our showers would never compare!!
You need to start a catering company ... you are a great party planner!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Hailey, you are just amazing! I love what you did! You look adorable and I love your long hair! See you Tuesday night. Can't wait!

Lind

Danielle said...

I'm loving the garden themes lately and you pulled the look off to the last detail. I love it! You are the best party thrower! :)

ashlan said...

Wow you sure can do a party. I'm pretty sure her shower was nicer than my wedding! What a talent!

The Petersons said...

You did such an amazing job! Everything is beautiful!!! I agree with everyone, you are quite the party planner!

hayleyrowan said...

i love cactus and tropical, my mom and i make frequent visits. what a fun shower. the food looked amazing. i think eric should host a neighborhood cooking lessson! i'm a terrible cook!

hayleyrowan said...

this is probably a dumb question but do you ever shop at the childrens hour on 9th and 9th? my favorite store -

Carolyn said...

It was fun to see you the other day...oh ikea...we love you....Your shower looks fabulous...your sister in law is lucky to have you!

Haley said...

it looked like a dream :) I absolutely love the white lanterns, the floating butterflies, and the gardenias :) nice work Hailey!

stacy h. said...

be an event planner for hire already! seriously, i am sick of you hogging all your talent. :)

jillian said...

gorgeous party! i want to be your friend...hello! santa monica looks like fun. we went there a few years back and absolutley loved it! we stayed right there next to the pier on the beach and it was the best!

Dallas and Krista said...

Thanks for the FYI. I feel kind of silly for getting them mixed up, however- your girl is the one that I adore so much even though Caits pics were also fabulous. Thanks for the info.

hayleyrowan said...

i was thinking...when we go to dinner, you don't have to get a babysitter, you could bring them if you want...whatever is easier for you.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Looks more like an elegant wedding to me... you knocked the ball out of the park with this one!

Lovell Family said...

THanks Hailey, for the most beautiful shower I could ever imagine...It was perfect, and so much fun!

Amber Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, you were busy! way to go, It looked amazing. You have wowed us once again! Lisa is so lucky to have you as a sis in law! i hope that the rest of her pregancy goes good and the lil baby comes with no truble! miss you guys, we wanted to stop by while we were in town, but too much going on...

Momma Sue said...

I'm finally catching up on the blogs. I loved looking and reminiscing!! By far the most wonderful shower I've ever been to. Thanks, Hailey!! Can't wait to see pictures of your week=end!!

Jen Bird said...

I love it!! What a fun celebration! You're so talented! I love all the details!

Cristin said...

Whoa, that is nicer than most weddings!