Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fairy Tale Ballet



Today, Adyson was so excited when she woke up because yesterday we went to the dance store and bought her new ballet slippers, leotards and tights so she could start her first ballet class today. She waited in her ballet outfit all ready at home on the couch for 45 minutes before we could leave.

She is not 3 yet so she can't officially start any pre-ballet or beginner ballet classes so the studio offers a class for 2 1/2 year olds to take called Fairy Tale Ballet. Fairy Tale Ballet is such a great idea to introduce the girls to dance. They get there and they have princess pictures to color until the whole class arrives, then once everyone has arrived they all gather around the teacher and each week she tells them a fairy tale out of a book, today was "Wizard of Oz" then they dress up in the costumes that go with the story and have class in the costumes. I figured they would just turn on music and let the kids dance but it was more structured which is GREAT! They do stretching with songs first, then they do turns and positions while they try and stay inside the hula hoop, then across the floor work like kicks and leaps. The teacher has fun with them but requires them to listen and follow directions. Ady loved it!!!







I am so proud of my little ballerina! Max and I watched her entire class, Max thought all the dancers were babes, he kept smiling and babbling at them.

24 comments:

Camille Law said...

I love it! Go Ady the ballerina! Can't wait to put Emma in Ballet. Love all your posts, and your new house! You go girl!

Sunshine Promises said...

Isn't having little girls in ballet outfits a blast! My little girls wear theirs on dance days AND any other day as well. I am just getting ready to sign Emma and Gracie up for Childrens Dance Theatre classes at the "U" (Virginia Tanner Dance Studio). They are going to eat it up and its such an incredible program. You'll have to come to one of their recitals!

Can't wait to see you guys in person and live closer to the little cousins!

Unknown said...

My girl ady better have gotten her dance skills from Hailey not me. She loves it! I cannot wait to come watch. This is something that will actually pull me out of the office for sure!

Callie said...

She looks so cute in those first two pictures just anxiously waiting. That looks like a fun class, I wonder if they have something like that by me.

Momma Sue said...

I second the motion that Ady hopefully gets her dance "moves" from her mother. Unfortunately Eric's moves would be ....well, like his Dad's...not too great!!!

Lovell Family said...

That is SO cute! I'd love to bring Easton to watch someday, except he'd want to be right out there with the girls in their dresses!

Lindsey said...

Looks like so much fun! I really hope they have something like that in Chicago so I can take my little girl. So cute...keep taking pictures! Ady is going to be a super dancer just like her mom.

cait said...

those are the most darling pictures of ady on the chair...i love little ballerina girls! your bangs are cute!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

I'm loving this post! she is so adorable! I can't believe how cute she is standing in the hula hoop concentrating so hard! I better have a girl! That looks so fun to do with her:) Let's get together soon since Friday didn't turn out (I wasn't feeling good that day either)!
PS...love the yellow jacket!

jillian said...

Love your jacket!!!

Amber Lynn said...

What a cutie, Im so happy to see friends putting their lil girls in dance, Ady is the same age I was when I started danceing, Im going to get her something special!!! What a great lil ballerina!!

seetheminers said...

how fun for ady! and max :)

stacy h. said...

nothing better then little girls dancing! cute bangs :)

Lisa said...

Ady is so cute!

That little girl Hailey (that is in the pics with Ady) is my friend Kathy's little girl! She is in the primary pres with me! Small World!!!!

Sarah Pugmire said...

sooooo cute!! I wish they had something like that in seattle! I'll have to look for my little neices, and eventually my little one! how fun!

Jill said...

i love the dorothy costumes, so cute, it looks like a great class! i love the fabric on that chair ady is sitting on.

Jill said...

gotta love Anthro. they really are fabulous. I really need to see the rest of your house! :)

Jill said...

yes we'll be in china (beijing area for 5 days) and we haven't worked out everything we're going to do yet. i would love some tips! and japan too...if you family has any must sees let me know. :)

i'm coming to utah next week, march 12-20th

trent and rach henderson... said...

How Fun! What a Great class for the little ones! You are such a Good mom!

trent and rach henderson... said...

p.s. found Tanner Frey's blog.... tjfrey.blogspot.com
I'm always looking for new blogs, thought you'd like a look!

DD said...

This is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen! So adorable.

Jen Herem said...

I started ballet at her age.. she will love it!!

P.S. I love your chair! Very cute..

Jason and Amy said...

that class sounds SO cute & fun! I want to go too, do they let 25 year olds do it too?

jaanderson family said...

Cute pics! She is getting so big! Ry has been taking dance for 2 years now and loves it too! Too bad we dont live close and we could do it together! The booster seat is at least 30 lbs and I forget the height. Somewhere between 30- 40 inches. I know thats a wide range but I forget!