Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spooktacular Fun at Our Haunted Home.


Monday night we had a little Costume party for FHE with some our neighbors and friends we have made since moving to northern Utah County. It was a pretty fun night. Especially for the dozens of kids who were running wild around our home all night.

Our family theme costumes with year were from The Little Mermaid
Eric was Kind Tritan, I was Ursula the Sea Witch, Ady was of course Ariel, and Max was Ariel's Handsome Prince Eric.


True to our roles as enemies of the Sea, I didn't see Eric most of the night. Playing host and hostess rarely allows us hang out time.


Our nieghbors and friends all had such awesome costumes, I wish I had pics of everyone!
Here is some of the fun, as well as Ady carrying around the party invitation the whole night.


"Trick or Treat, your so sweet, here's a treat for you to eat" bags with a yummy candy station in the entry. As well, as delicious Dippidee cupcakes and sugar cookies.


See these little hot dogs, I wrapped as mummies for the younger kids, well I forgot about them in the oven until an hour or so into the party so they got charred. Oh well. It was a nice thought.


We went with the easy menu of Soups, pumpkin bread bowls and salads. Perfect fall meal.


and check out the orange chocolate fountain... well actually it was a bit more peachy orange than real orange. But good effort chocolate fountain guy!


check out some of our cute party people and their awesome costumes!


This is the cute Tornow family who we love. Jen made the BEST soup of the party, a blackened corn chowder than was GONE before I even tried it but Eric raved about it.


We had so much fun and want to thank everyone who came and helped! You guys are all awesome.

Oh and a separate but funny story, our little Maxwell, was camped out in front of the chocolate fountain for at least 1/2 the night, just chowing on chocolate dipped strawberries then when I was rocking him before bed, just as eric predicted he threw up everything... all over me, my costume, in my hair, down my dress, and all over his dream rocker.
Scroll down to see the mess. It as much worse than the picture makes it look.

18 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

It was great fun! Thanks for having us all! We were thoroughly spoiled, once again!

stacy h. said...

cute party hay! DYING at eric's costume. hahaha! you guys are cute. :)

Allison said...

You are such a gifted hostess. If the only flaw of the night was an upset tummy from delightful goodies than it truly was a success! But poor you!

hayleyrowan said...

Great pictures. You definitely know how to throw a party! So funny about Max throwing up - Eric called it.

Jen Tornow said...

Oh and Eric, it wasn't a competition....at least, not a close one! :)

Lisa said...

Everything looks great! Your costumes were awesome!

Sorry you got puked on ... not fun! Whenever my kids puke it makes me sick.

jillian said...

love the king triton costume....classic!

Amber Lynn said...

How fun! and so mean at the same time.. do you have to put pictures up of all the yummy treats you always have..lol just kidding.. Love the costumes. and poor maxy.. thats never fun to eat that much sugar...

Haley said...

Loved every bit of this post! The halloween theme (of course), the fabulous decor, the tasty treats, the creative costumes, and the whammy at the end...you're such a cute mom to make light of an icky situation :) (hope little Max felt better after that. heehee)

And I caught up on your last few posts too...DISNEYLAND in the fall looked amazing!...your fun girl's trip sounded awesome!...and you caught some of the cutest photos at the State Fair!! You and Eric have such a cute family :) (can't wait to start ours!)

Summer said...

Uhhhhhh Blahhhhhhhhh...is all I have to say!

Poor you is right...see you tonight! I have no camera so I'm counting on you to get some good ones. :)

Tyler and Travy said...

Thanks for having us! It was so much fun! Sorry about the up chuck!

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

Seriously, you are like the next Martha Stewart! Where can I sign up for your magazine!

Unknown said...

You do such amazing parties and I love the candy arrangements!

Melinda Lindahl said...

HOLY MOLY! You guys throw the most outrageously, most awesome parties! You are making me hungry! I love your costumes. Such a cute idea.

Magdalena said...

This looks incredible as always. You are so funny with your poopy crib picture and now the barfy costume. Such a gifted hostess, yet so incredibly down to earth - it's exactly why we all keep coming back for more.

The Barrow's said...

Hi, You don't know me I found your website through one of my friends, I hope you don't mind I check if from time to time, but I just had to tell you that you throw the best parties ever. They all look so amazing.
I just wanted to say that I love your cupcake stands and was wondering where you got them. I have been looking for some just like that, not too busy, very simple, and not with the individual cupcake holders.If you don't mind leaving me a comment and letting me know I would love that. Thanks

Tiffany said...

What a great party and so sorry about the throw up thing. You are a great Mom to have that happen and still take a smiling picture of it. Nate would've been gagging and I would've been crying. How can someone look so pretty with throw up all over them.

Carolyn said...

What a great party! Thanks for everything, we had so much fun! Your pictures are fabulous too, they capture your creativity and expertise perfectly!