Monday, August 3, 2009

Our weekend in L.A.


{this picture is as good as it gets of me and Eric this weekend, I am such a blinker}

This past weekend, we went with some long time friends to L.A. for the weekend to celebrate Matt's birthday with him and his wife Edy. We left after Eric got home from work Friday so we ate a super late but simply fantastic sushi dinner at Katsu-ya in Hollywood. (no, we didnt see anyone famous, I was diappointed) but the food was so great. The Atkinsons have just as big of a sushi love as we do. So, it was great to go with them.



On Saturday morning, we got up and ate breakfast at our hotel. Then went out to the pool to get a cabana reserved for the day. The hotel we stayed at, The SLS Beverly Hills has an amazing rooftop pool, that we spent most of the day at.




{P.S. the guys at the far end of the pool were the Barcelona Soccer team in town to play LA Galaxy, they are the only famous people we saw while in town}




Some tother highlights of the trip that I did not photograph were
-Dinner at Mastero's in BH
-The Comedy Store - hilarious
-a couples massage with Eric at Ciel Spa
-trying to get a hot dog at Pink's but giving up on the super long line
-shopping for ERIC (I love when he gets new clothes)
and just hanging out with Eric. I get such bad anxiety when we leave our kids for the weekend but I love the time we get together when we go away. He is the best.

Also, we absolutely loved out hotel and the BAZAAR lounge and restaurant in out hotel. It was so beautiful. If you are in the area, seriously check it out. So unique.
Some interior photos I found of the SLS Beverly Hills, since we were so busy I didnt get to take many pics of this lovely hotel. I think the style is amazing.





10 comments:

stacy h. said...

pretty hotel. i love the orange chair poolside.

Kristi Judd said...

Okay so where did you get your dress in the 1st pic?! I love it!!

Callie said...

That's a beautiful hotel, I love the way they decorated! What a fun trip!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Nice! You guys have so much fun!

Darbee said...

Looks lovely! I'm a little jealous, too... I could SO use a little romantic getaway with my Mister right about now! :) Glad you had fun!

Amber Lynn said...

wow, that place looks amazing. glad you guys got away for a fun short trip, You needed it woman.. hey anytime you want to vacation with us, just call .. heheh

Torrey said...

Looks like a great weekend. Matt & Edy make for a good time.

Scott and Chelsey said...

posh posh! you nerds! no trip is complete without us... admit it!

Magdalena said...

I love LA. These pictures make me miss it- So jealous of this amazing trip!!!

AnnieB said...

fabulous. you little celebrities you. jealous.