Monday, August 24, 2009

Lava Hot Springs

{Ady with her uncle Austin and Spencer}

This past weekend, we went to Lava Hot Springs Idaho for my families Smoot Reunion. We had a lot of fun. Eric had never been there before and neither had our kids. It was such a great weekend. And so enjoyed our time with my fam.
The first day (Friday) wen went straight to the Lava Hot Springs pool, we swam, went on slides and Eric and my brothers (and cousins) jumped off the Olympic sized platforms. Ady was super brave and went down one of the BIG slides by herself, and technically she didnt even meet the height requirement ( we are talkin' 6 inches below it actually)


The night we had a cook out with the family at one of the cabins (everyone rented their own housing all around town) we also had a program where each family did skits. It was fun.

{me, Austin, Christa, Bree and Spence.. Brady and Natalie weren't there yet)

{Max found some mud}

And here is the delightful home we rented, for our family (as in my parents, siblings, me, Eric and the kids) it's actually in Bed and Breakfast you can just rent out the entire thing and have the whole house to yourself, which is what we did and it was perfect for us. SO roomy, and comfortable with a huge yard, firepit, volleyball and basketball court and nestled up in its own private area on the mountain and 7 nice bedrooms with comfy beds. We LOVED this place. We will for sure be going back.


Saturday night after, my dad, brothers and Eric tubed the river and got in the Hot Springs, we had a family volleyball game while my kids picked flowers in the field by the house.


Then we had a bonfire, roasted marshmellows


and Eric read scary stories that he googled on his phone.....pretty spooky.

12 comments:

Partyof9 said...

How fun! I miss living out West...

I lived in Boise Idaho for nearly 8 years and have never been to Lava Hot Springs. Weird.

I just had to say that I think it is so cute how you dress Addison so girly and let her get dirty and be a kid in those cute outfits and headbands.


Those last few days of summer....enjoy and thanks for sharing. Your family seems really fun.

Amber Lynn said...

WOw that sounds like a fun and adventurous weekend! I love the pictures of Andy and Max! They are looking so grown up these days! better add another one to the Kandell clan I think..... I love how you always have your hair so cute in all the pictures!! If only i had the drive to look that cute every day..lol

whitney holland. said...

Oh San Vincente brings back soooo many memories! Oh how I miss those babies!! I too got to witness a couple of adoption from that orphanage..simply amazing!

Jen Tornow said...

What fun! That place looks perfect for a family reunion. I love the photo with Ady and the dandelions!

Polen's said...

so fun! LOVE the photos of the kids by the wire fence. You have a great eye!

Lovell Family said...

I can't believe how old max looks...I'm liking the longer hair...and I loved ady's dress and flower head band...looks like fun!

Hey, did ady have her teeth worked on today? How did that go?

Momma Sue said...

What a fun place to have a reunion! I like Max's hair, too. He even reminds me a little of Eric...especially in his plaid pants!

Scott and Chelsey said...

I want to go there that is for sure! Looks like a great getaway! Did eric hit scott up about his golf tourney? As long as golf and food is in he is also!

Callie said...

What a fun trip! Love all the cute pictures of your kids in the gorgeous fields.

Amber Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary

AnnieB said...

what a great place for a family reunion! what a cute family you have! how many siblings are there? you're kids are so adorable. I could eat up their big grins. congrats on the anniversary! i remember watching Mariah's little girl in the foyer so that she could be in the sealing! she must be over 6 now! crazy! life moves so fast!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Are you sure that's "mud" on Max's hands? ;) Cute pictures.