Monday, June 22, 2009

San Diego Father's Day Weekend



We just got back from a great weekend celebrating Eric {for Father's Day} in San Diego, California. We flew out on Thursday evening, checked in at the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. It is just beautiful there. 
I didn't get to capture all of the highlights of the trip because on our second day there at Seaworld, I {believe} someone took my camera out of our stroller in the Manatee Exhibit. All I know is it was for sure in my purse when we walked into the exhibit {safely and securely} and I never took it out in the exhibit then when we came out, it was gone. I was seriously so crushed. ALl the pictures, plus my camera that I love was gone. But, to make a long story short, Sea World called us the day we left to say someone turned it in. So, I am not sure how we got so lucky, I am just glad we did and to know there are good honest people in the world. I am just a little bummed out I didn't get to document the entire trip.

But, here are some of the things I did take pics of before the camera went missing
San Diego ZOO {awesome and HUGE}







SeaWorld was so awesome, the kids loved all the huge animals and feeding the string rays and petting them was their favorite. And the Seal and Otter show, really cute.

Face painting at SeaWorld {just before the camera was gone}




The Hotel had Wizard of OZ playing every night in our room, our kids wanted to cuddle in bed ever night and watch it.


The Beach, the kids absolute favorite thing we did in San Diego





Some other un-documented highlights include
the carnival at Mission Beach
the best Brunch at Hotel Del for Father's Day
Super good sushi at Yummy Sushi
great breakfasts at Sheerwater
Sea Shell hunting
Visits to Spreckles, Ice Cream at our hotel, and ENO {cheese for Eric}

And my favorite thing about this trip besides being with my cute family away all weekend. Is that my photographer friend Ashlee Raubach, came down from Utah to take some family pics for us at 3 different cool locations. We have been planning it for awhile, and I was so excited we finally got to do it. The shoots were at 1. Balboa Park {beautiful} 2. Silver Strand Beach {the kids loved this one} and 3. Mission Beach Carnival {so much fun} and I am dying to see them. She always does such an awesome job but I think these will be extra fun since they were somewhere different from the norm for us. Eric wasn't too keen on getting pics taken on vacation but even he is looking forward to seeing them Friday.  Thanks Ashlee!


14 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

how fun! im so glad you got your camera back! I love the picture of ady and eric looking over at something cuase the two of them seem to have the same facial expression. And cant get enough of the beach pictures with ady and max, too fun! I cant wait to see your family photos! they are always the best!

jillian said...

fun fun fun.... we are going in a couple of weeks and i am so excited!!!!

The Culbertson's said...

I'm so jeleaous that you were in San Deigo and Coronado! We spent our honeymoon at the Del and loved it, I'm dying to get back there! Such beautiful sites and a beautiful family!

Morgan said...

What a fun vacation! I was near tears when you said that your camera went missing. The thought of losing all of your precious pictures, and of missing out on getting to capture so many of the other fun experiences on your trip- it all nearly killed me! I must have let out the biggest sigh of relief when you said that someone turned it in. How wonderful to know that you got it back!

Jennifer said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you all had so much FUN!

Dallas and Krista said...

Surprised we didn't run into you- we were in Newport all weekend and went to most of the same places :) Your carnival pics will surely turn out amazing- I will have to peek in on Friday and look for them!

AnnieB said...

um, you guys are downright beautiful! love all the pics and especially love honest people! yay for good karma! can't wait to see the photo shoot pics!

ashlan said...

We love Coranodo! We have friends who own a condo in the towers behind the picture of you and max on the beach. I love that its never busy. Im glad you found your camera! next time you are down there go to moo time and get dessert nachos. They are amazing!Also off topic from one of your many parties you had I noticed you did cupcakes in the paper cups.Did you cook them in it, did you have to do anything different and what size did you use?

Haley said...

first of all...sorry about Truck I...but you seemed to handle it perfectly!! :) and Truck II is just as cute :)

And this trip seemed fabulous!!...perfect family vacation =) can't wait to see the family photos!

PS - I'm SO glad your camera is back! i've kinda loved looking at your photos, a lot ;)

JODI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JODI said...

I love your blog. You guys go on such fun trips! Thanks for sharing and I am glad you got your camera back because your pictures are incredible.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Yeah! At least you got your camera back girl! I love love San Diego so much! I will be dying to see how the pictures turned out! The carnival ones will be amazing!

The Jorgensen's said...

Glad you guys had a great time even though the camera was "missing" for a while. I know how you feel. I left mine at security at the airport when we went to Southern California for Disneyland. Thank goodness for honest people!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you got your camera back! I would be sick too if I had lost my camera ... especially the memory card.