Monday, June 22, 2009

San Diego Father's Day Weekend



We just got back from a great weekend celebrating Eric {for Father's Day} in San Diego, California. We flew out on Thursday evening, checked in at the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. It is just beautiful there. 
I didn't get to capture all of the highlights of the trip because on our second day there at Seaworld, I {believe} someone took my camera out of our stroller in the Manatee Exhibit. All I know is it was for sure in my purse when we walked into the exhibit {safely and securely} and I never took it out in the exhibit then when we came out, it was gone. I was seriously so crushed. ALl the pictures, plus my camera that I love was gone. But, to make a long story short, Sea World called us the day we left to say someone turned it in. So, I am not sure how we got so lucky, I am just glad we did and to know there are good honest people in the world. I am just a little bummed out I didn't get to document the entire trip.

But, here are some of the things I did take pics of before the camera went missing
San Diego ZOO {awesome and HUGE}







SeaWorld was so awesome, the kids loved all the huge animals and feeding the string rays and petting them was their favorite. And the Seal and Otter show, really cute.

Face painting at SeaWorld {just before the camera was gone}




The Hotel had Wizard of OZ playing every night in our room, our kids wanted to cuddle in bed ever night and watch it.


The Beach, the kids absolute favorite thing we did in San Diego





Some other un-documented highlights include
the carnival at Mission Beach
the best Brunch at Hotel Del for Father's Day
Super good sushi at Yummy Sushi
great breakfasts at Sheerwater
Sea Shell hunting
Visits to Spreckles, Ice Cream at our hotel, and ENO {cheese for Eric}

And my favorite thing about this trip besides being with my cute family away all weekend. Is that my photographer friend Ashlee Raubach, came down from Utah to take some family pics for us at 3 different cool locations. We have been planning it for awhile, and I was so excited we finally got to do it. The shoots were at 1. Balboa Park {beautiful} 2. Silver Strand Beach {the kids loved this one} and 3. Mission Beach Carnival {so much fun} and I am dying to see them. She always does such an awesome job but I think these will be extra fun since they were somewhere different from the norm for us. Eric wasn't too keen on getting pics taken on vacation but even he is looking forward to seeing them Friday.  Thanks Ashlee!


Post a Comment