Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portland



Tuesday night Eric and I hopped on a quick flight up to Portland. He had some business to do up there on Wednesday and he dosen't like to fly alone so I went with him. I am usually the one who makes all of our travel arrangements, flights, hotels, etc. so I made us a reservation at THE NINES in downtown Portland, within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and etc. So, I had something to do while he worked. And I have to say I loved this little hotel and the area we stayed. I have never been to Portland but I loved where we stayed. It's part of a major hotel chain but it felt very eclectic and boutique-y. So cute. And we ate dinner that night at the Hotel's Urban Farmer Steakhouse and it was really good.



The next morning we had a great breakfast in bed and eric headed off for the day.



I did this until 12:00 pm. Watching SVU episodes I had missed. Then I wandered the city until 4pm when we headed to the airport to catch our flight home.


Look how cute this hotel was done...


And the lobby was a big atrium.


If your not really sure what the point of this post was...
1. I liked Portland more than I thought I would
2. If you do go to Portland and want to be close to a lot of things, stay at the Nines. You'll like it, but not with kids. I didn't see any kids there the whole time.
3. and bonus.... no sales tax in Portland! So shop away!

12 comments:

jillian said...

I AM L O V I N G how it is decorated! that is so my style! i am jealous you got a break from your kids. I have not had a break for 5 weeks. Todd has been gone!!!! i really need one bad!

Whitney Palmer said...

Funny my sister just left a comment. It is really amazing this hotel! I follow a blog called house of turquoise http://www.houseofturquoise.com/ and she would use these pictures for her blog! So cute! Its cool that you guys are always going places!

Haley said...

What i would do to fly away to portland with my hubby :) (my home town is just across the river--Vancouver:) I'm so glad you were able to have a little rendevouz with your prince Eric! ;) breakfast in bed & then shopping in portland sounded fabulous

Jennifer said...

Cute? That hotel is GORGEOUS! What a lucky lady you are!!

Callie said...

I love how they decorated the rooms, way cute! I bet it was nice to relax and just have some "you" time, us moms don't get that very often.

Torrey said...

Wow. That place looks amazing. that is a fun quick get away.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Wow that is so so cute! Portland is so beautiful and green. I would love to greenery and go outside the city!

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, that hotel is so beautiful! Now if I ever go to Portland, I know exactly where to stay.

Summer said...

What a fun quick trip! ...and cute toes!

Alexis Blackner said...

We have lived here two years and have not heard of this hotel. I will definately be booking a "night away" very soon. I am glad you could come visit the northwest!!!!

Tiffany said...

Looks like a cool hotel, glad you got to get away. I am so jealous, Tell Eric he needs to take me next time. Ok bad idea I don't fly well either. Love the wedding pictures they are beautiful.

Sarah Pugmire said...

I LOVE that hotel! We used to live in Corvallis, while Chris was in grad school, and we would go hang out in Portland all the time! I miss the no sales tax, and you don't have to pump your own gas either!!