Monday, June 22, 2009

Meet Truck II



We returned home last night from 4 wonderful days in San Diego, with just the 4 of us. {post on that coming after I catch up on cleaning and laundry} and my brother Spencer house sat while we were gone. He works full time at Eric's office anyway so he said he didn't mind watching the house while we were gone. {and our new fish}
This morning Maxwell's fish truck was ... well, .... doing the backstroak .... if you catch my drift. Now, if it was Adyson's fish I think I would have told her the truth, explained about death and pet heaven and have a little life lesson moment. But,  it was Max's fish Truck who had "passed".  Now, Max to me, even though he is 2. Is my baby. And plus, Ady always has more friends, goes on more outings, has more toys, more books, way more playdates. More of just everything, and she should, she is older. But, I couldn't bear the thought of her being the only one to have a pet fish too.
I cleaned out the bowl, trying to keep it out of the kids sight and Eric ran out to find a decent replacement. Truck II, has a few more fins and is a little bigger but he does the job. Neither kid knows. And to explain Truck's absence this morning at Adyson (who kept trying to see the fish), I just said Truck was hiding deep under the coral, cuz he didn't want to be bothered. It took convincing but she bought it in the end.
So welcome to the family Truck II.

5 comments:

The Shupes said...

I was kinda hoping our fish that I bought for Charlie when we moved into our house over a year ago would last about that long, but he is still going strong!! He is like 14 months old. It won't die, but Charlie likes him so I guess that's good.

The Jorgensen's said...

Nice work on convincing Ady! I would have done the same thing.

Amber Lynn said...

Right after I had kaden we got tanner some fish. they were named "bug" and "nemo, we went through 3 bugs until I fianly gave up after the both died.. fish just arent our thing i guess.. so, good luck with "truck II"

Lovell Family said...

you should have let us fish sit...we'd have watched them constantly!

Sunshine Promises said...

You sneaky, sneaky little mom. Don't all moms have "secrets" up our sleaves?