Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Green Shower for Baby



This beautiful mom-to-be Michelle Larsen is my next door neighbor. Michelle has a little boy Gavin who is my Max's age who passed away tragically and suddenly last summer, you can read her story here
(but just a warning, it will break your heart) So after her tragedy, we were so happy to hear she was expecting another little boy this June and wanted to have a special baby shower to celebrate with her.

Michelle dosen't have a name for her little bundle yet, just a nickname JJ (to remind her to have Joy in the Journey) so at the front door we had everyone write down some name suggestions for her and Jaron.




Her little Gavin's "color" was green, so Michelle didn't care what the theme was as long as there was plenty of green there to represent for little angel Gavin.





{Mama Michelle enjoying the fruit and chocolate}

We had cupcakes, of course, and chicken salad sandwiches and lots of "green" salads


{baby themed cookies, we had a bottle, rattle, buggy, onesie, and duckie}





This is Michelle with her cute sister Jessica, who was my co-host and came up with the cutest baby shower games.


Michelle got some darling gifts, and had so many people we love her attend


This blanket, Michelle and her mother in law made for her new baby, and they made it out of old shirts of Gavins. Isnt that a sweet idea, for new baby to have something from big brother??



The bottle chugging game, Michelle won!


{Gotta thank these 2 girls, Jen and Kristin for helping me so much, make favors, and treats and coming early for set up. Love them!}

8 comments:

Lovell Family said...

okay, I'm seriously so HUNGRY after seeing that good food! Glad everything turned out!

Elise said...

So cute! My friends and I are throwing a green baby shower this week! I love all of your ideas!

Amber Lynn said...

you are amazing woman!!! what a lucky neighborhood to have you . I remember her story about her lil boy and i am in tears of all the kind things that were done at the shower in rememberance of him. You definitly are gifted hailey!!! Awesome job!

Darbee said...

What a special shower! I was actually in tears reading about your friend's story. She must be an amazing person. I LOVE the green idea, and that incredible quilt... was a treasure!!!

Jill said...

i love all of the tags for everything. very cute.

and that quilt - sweetest idea.

seetheminers said...

What a cute shower! I wish I could offer her baby name suggestions...but if she liked the name "Gavin", good luck coming up with another boy's name you like...I'm certainly having a hard time thinking of one after using "Gavin." One site I really like that has baby names is babycenter.com...it has sibling names and similar genre names.

Arkansas Vaclaw's said...

How sweet is that baby shower??? Your neighbor is one strong MAMA!!! I love the sweet blanket with little Gavin's old T's! You did an excellent job hosting!! Such a great neighbor!! :-)

What Karen Sees said...

I'm a bit slow in responding, but thank you SO MUCH for this beautiful baby shower. We all had such a fun time. P.S. I've finally posted a few photos on my blog.