Sunday, May 10, 2009

Birthday.

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a perfect day. We had spent the night up at a fun hotel in Salt Lake Friday night since my brother Brady and my new sister in law Natalie got married on Friday (photos and a post coming later) and we had a full day and night of festivities for them in SLC, so we just spent the night up there afterwards. In the morning, we went to a beautiful breakfast at the garden Cafe in out hotel. And I got to go "spa" while Eric and the kids swam at the hotel. Then after delicious street cart tacos in downtown for lunch we headed back home.
In the evening after everyone but me napped, we headed to a little plant nursery to get our Spring planting going. 

Ady and Max loved helping us pick out flowers and "vegbables" for our garden

We got tons of herbs


Erics sister Lisa had already given me (for my birthday) a bunch of different plants for a salsa garden, peppers, tomatoes, cilantro etc. so we got a few other things we wanted and headed home.

The kids helped us until it was too dark and chilly for them to be outside, so i put them to bed and Eric and I planted and cleaned our patio furniture until it was almost 11 pm.


I couldn't take any "after" pics til this morning since it was pitch dark by the time we came in last night so here is the finished product of my "first" vegetable garden.

This sign was my mothers day gift from Eric's mom, isn't she creative?

Herbs

Veggies

Lettuce

It was such a nice day to spend with my little family. At home. I loved it.

8 comments:

Lovell Family said...

Looks great you guys! I'm jealous! We still need to find some soil to fill our boxes! Ahh...gotta get it done by tomorrow!!

The place you got all your plants looks really nice!

Jen Bird said...

Happy Birthday girl!! Looks like a fun way to spend a birthday!

Sarah said...

Dang it, I have been telling myself all week, "remember to tell Hailey happy birthday on the 9th" then the day comes and I completely space it. So if it's any consolation I was thinking about you all week. Hope you had a great day. Did you get my email? I'll be down in a little less than 2 weeks for 10 days.

Sarah Pugmire said...

We have the same birthday!! I just turned 26 ahhh!! How did I all the sudden get so close to 30!

Amber Lynn said...

hope that the crops and flowers grow good for ya! sounds like a fun birthday!!

Polen's said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I had no idea our b-days were so close! I'm sure you have Mother's day b-day's too. :) Glad you had such a great time! I have our planting on schedule for next week. Fun times!

I enjoyed getting caught up on yoru posts tonight. : ) I have to update my blogs soon...its been crazy busy.

Take care!

Polen's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda Lindahl said...

So fun! I am so happy that you had a happy birthday with your little family! My favorite thing to do is just being with my little chillins and hubby. Happy Birthday! I love your garden! Tell Sue I want a garden sign when I can actually own some land to plant my own garden. ;)