Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cabining in Wyoming


Our little "filthy" family

Over this past weekend, Memorial day weekend. We went up to my parents cabin in Wyoming, in the beautiful Uintah's. We had s much fun there. It has been 2 years since we were all there together for the weekend, since Spencer was on his mission, and now we have added Max to the mix and Brady, my brother who got married and his new little wife Natalie were also there. It was so great. Except that I forgot my battery to my camera home on the charger but luckily my little sister Breanna sent me these photos of the weekend.



Highlights included
HUGE bonfires at night
yummy food
cabin card games
movies (funny ones in the afternoon, scary ones at night)
paint ball wars for the guys
4 wheeler rides
flower picking
naps and relaxing
S'mores
Max's tantrum on the log


Spencer, Christa, Me and Austin


The newlyweds with Christa and my kids. Max loves Natalie



My dad, brothers and Eric suited up for paintball war. Eric and my brothers were text and facebook trash talking all week leading up to the cabin. They had some serious wars.



Look at the welts, oh my gosh, that does not even look fun.
The guys did let me, my mom and sisters sniper shoot that them while they ran across the yard. My gun was jammed so they didn't get it too bad. My theory is that Eric intentionally jammed my gun since they all kept saying "Hailey is gonna jack us up" They were right, I was.


(Eric got a paintball to the chin in his last game)


The kids loved the 4 wheelers. Loved them!

Thanks mom and dad, it was such a great weekend!

12 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

I figured you went up to the cabin last weekend. When we were coming home from visitin the graves yesterday, I saw a line-up of dusty cars in front of your parents home. That's what our cars look like after Moose Mountain Lodge. Glad you had fun!

Callie said...

We went camping in the Uintas as well! I wish the weather was a little better but oh well it was still fun! Looks like you had fun as well. Paint ball wars sound so fun but I don't know about getting hit after seeing those welts.

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun. Love your family. Can't wait to see you!

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is my idea of a fun vacation!! Love when we were little getting dirty all the time... Remember when that snake bit your finger and you were trying to shake it off?!? That is classic! I laughed at you and you started crying!

Larsen said...

Oooooh, I bet that chin one hurt!!! Jaron's taken me paintballing before and I caught one on my knuckles. OUCH! Did it break the skin? To bad your gun jammed, I am sure you would've taken them all out!

Haley said...

There's nothing like a weekend at the family cabin with, well, the FaMiLY! Glad you had a good time :) And I'm glad that Breanna was there "to the rescue!" with her camera :)

jayne said...

Looks like so much fun. My mom is from Wyoming. I love it up there. Oh the memories your post brought to mind. So much fun.

Lovell Family said...

seriously, what fun can paintballing be? OUCH! See ya tomorrow!

Melinda Lindahl said...

Geez! Those pictures look familiar! I posted very similar one from our weekend with my family. Those paintball welts are horrible! The guys don't care though. You have such an adorable family! I think it is about time to get together again. I will talk with Spence, pick a date, and call you. Love, Lind

Momma Sue said...

Yikes! I agree about paint balling...I guess it's a "guy" thing!
What a fun time with your family. Fun pictures.

Amber Lynn said...

how fun!!! and look your in flanel and still lookin smokin hot!!! love the paintball pics.. makes me want to go shoot someting with a paint ball.. miss you guys. glad you had a fun safe weekend!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. You are the only person I know who looks fabulous while camping. You should be in magazines. Love ya