Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleeping Beauty



At our house, I am always the last one to fall asleep. I like to get up one last time after Eric has fallen asleep watching tv to re-check the kids and locks and alarm.
I always go into the kids rooms and get Max out of his bed to rock him, sometimes I get in his rocker and do it for a long time, sometimes I just hold him and rock him standing up by his bed for a minute. But every night without fail I do it before I fall asleep. I love it.
When I go into Ady's room it is always funny to see what she was going when she fell asleep. Usually, there is an entire squad of babies, and princesses in her bed with her all tucked in. Or sometimes next to her night light on the floor the babies will be set up in a semi circle, which means she was teaching preschool before she went to bed. I have seen her on the video monitor teaching her "students" all the songs from school while periodically reminding them to "sit still" or to "sing along". But, last night when I went in to check on her she was fast asleep dressed as a bride. The huge dress, the veil and even the shoes. I thought it was pretty cute so I took a picture. I have no idea how you could comfortably sleep that way so I took off the shoes and veil but this morning she was still a bride when she came to breakfast. 

14 comments:

seetheminers said...

What a doll! You should hang on to this pic for about 20 years...it would be a cute reminder at her wedding.

Jen Herem said...

ha-ha how darling..

Jen Tornow said...

Can you imagine what this beautiful little girl will look like on her wedding day? What a little sweetie!

Larsen said...

Kids crack me up. The way they perceive things. that is so cute. And that is so cute that you get to rock Max every night and he doesn't wake up. You have a good sleeper(We missed you on Sunday, by the way.)

Tiffany said...

That is so sweet. What a beautiful little girl. I also loved your party pictures. Looks like a great super bowl party with yummy food.

Jen Bird said...

what a cute little princess and what a yummy super bowl party!

Lovell Family said...

very cute...maybe I should just let Easton play before he falls asleep...I'm so sick of the battle: Get in your bed or you're in trouble!

Carolyn said...

She is oh, so adorable!

Elise said...

I agree. Sleeping Beauty for sure! Oh and I forgot to comment on how much I love your cupcakes and sugar cookies. So fabulous! When we live in Utah (some day) I can't wait to try some of those sweet treats!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

What an angel, but I hate to think of her being a bride! I used to LOVE to dress up when I was little. I love my Ady. She is a sweetheart. Love you soooo much! Meema

Polen's said...

What a great mom for letting her explore her creativity before bed. How fun for you to see what she's been up to! She is wonderful..how sweet that she 'teaches' and so well! You're an awesome mommy...I'm sure that's where she gets it!

Lisa said...

I would love to pull my kids out of bed and rock them but they would totally wake up! You are lucky to have a super deep sleeper! That is cute that Ady plays next to her night light!

Sarah Pugmire said...

As much as I want Charli to stay little forever, its things like that, which make me excited for her to grow a little. How adorable!

Callie said...

She is so darling, I love their imaginations!