Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Disneyland- the Highlights.


(Warning this post is long)
We just got home from our little trip o Disneyland. And so far, I would say this was our favorite trip there. The kids were BOTH into this time and we had so much fun. 
I had  about a million pics, no really it was more like 537, so I narrowed it down to just the highlights of this trip for this post. And here they are in no particular order.

Of course, 
1. Disneyland itself, fantasyland, frontierland, tomorrowland, adventureland, toontown, am I missing some???
I think it is a common misconception that kids as young as our cannot do much at Disneyland, when really there are only a hand full of rides the CANNOT ride on. 
Their favorites included
Pirates of the Carribbean, Peter Pan, Snow White, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, the Carousel, Buzz Lightyear and the Haunted Mansion (really, they weren't scared)





2. The Character Breakfast at Storytellers Cafe
We stayed at the Grand Californian (a disney hotel) while we were in town and they had a great breakfast where Chip, Dale, the Bears from Brother Bear and even the monkeys from Tarzan hung out, the kids loved having characters visit them while we ate breakfast each morning.


3. The Fairytale Face Painters
This may have been one of Ady's favorite things. They painted her up like a butterfly nad max as a pirate. They thought it was awesome.




4. California Adventure
We didn't spend as much time here as at Disneyland but the kids love the Bug's Life rides and area, as well as going to Playhouse Disney's Live of Stage show. They went crazy to see Handy Manny, Tigger and Pooh, Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse up on stage. 




5. The park and Downtown Disney District at night. They have street performers playing music outside our hotel in Downtown Disney that the kids love dancing to, going on all the rides at night, Main Street USA all lit up and of course the firework show.



6. These happy faces, that I love.




7. The Disney Princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto.
This one was a must-do for us. It's great for the princess obsessed, like Adyson. Its a lunch where all the princesses are introduced and come around to each table to talk to your kids and take pics. Ady loved it. And Max, well, he was a good sport to be there and he just enjoyed the dessert tray they brought to each table.



We actually were not planning on coming home until tonight (Tuesday night) but Eric needed to get back early for work and we did pretty much everything we wanted to do. The only thing we missed was a dinner at Blue Bayou (the restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean) But, it was a great trip and so fun to see the kids so happy and loving it too.

23 comments:

hayleyrowan said...

your pictures are adorable. addy looks like she's in heaven with all those princesses. what a fun trip.

Lisa said...

That looks so fun! I am hoping to take my kids there soon! I think they would love it. I love Max's painted pirate face! They are both so adorable!

Larsen said...

That, I am sure, was a dream come true for Addy. At least it would've been for me as a 3-4 year old!!! Cute pictures!!

Jason and Amy said...

Ask Jimmy Shergil about the time me and him ate at the restaurant at pirates of the Caribbean... If you dont already know that story its a GOOD one.

J.Frey said...

Glad you guys had fun. We are going in April and I can't wait!!

Jen Herem said...

i bet you were super happy to come home to this ridiculous weather! i thought about you this morning when i woke up, wishing i was in cali.

Lovell Family said...

what great pictures...that I won't be showing to Easton.... :)

Chelsey said...

So fun! We're going to Disney World in about 3 weeks and it made me super excited to look at all of the pics on your post.

Alicia said...

Hey love, What a surprise your comment was! A pleasant surprise at that. I'm doing really well thx!! Your family i must say is so adorable... Glad to hear from you!

Callie said...

Cute pictures, what a fun family trip! I love all Ady's princess dresses!

The Cary Family said...

What a fun trip! Good to know that even at our kids ages they enjoy it! I have always been a little worried it would be a waste. Cute pictures too!

Tiffany said...

Looked like total fun. Love the face painting. Glad you had fun.

Sunshine Promises said...

Hay,

We'll be talkin' before we go to Disneyland this year. That is for sure.

BTW - AMEN on Craftsman homes. I am in love. Have you been to Daybreak? They have some of the most CHARMING craftsman. One of the builders, Rainey Homes, is also opening up a development - Tuscany Village - with tudor and craftsman homes right north of Reading Elementary. I know, tempting. Who knows, maybe we'll end up there! If not, we'll probably built a craftsman or a mediteranean home in Farmington or Centerville. I love the clean lines and classic nature of both.

Amber Lynn said...

im such a baby.. im crying cuase its such a great place.. I love all the pics and I cant wait to have a lil girl that will get into the princess things. Im so so glad that you guys had a great time! Thanks for shareing your fun memories with us! miss you

Elise said...

Fabulous pictures! I am glad you guys had a good time! Your kids are adorable!

Becky & Jaxon said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous, I have still never been to disneyland! You have such a cute family.

Scott and Chelsey said...

Oh that looks like a blast!!! Can't wait until Blakely is old enough...

Brittany said...

You really make me want to go to Disneyland. It looks like it was such a fun trip. I know Hallie would be in heaven with all the princesses.

stacy h. said...

such cute pictures hay! sean is so not into the idea of a disneyland vacation. i am working on him though :) looks like it was such a fun trip. i'm excited to see you guys this weekend!

Sarah Pugmire said...

AHHHH that makes me sooooo excited!!! We're taking Charli in April, and it's nice to hear that there will be lots she can do! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

Polen's said...

how fun! Your pictures are fantastic! Its great to take a ton and keep favorites. thank you for sharing and glad everyone had a great time! i love their sweet faces in the face painting! Your kids are so innocently sweet.

Kasey, Nicole, Lexie, and Kenzie said...

Holy cow, I am so jealous. I would go to Disneyland every month if I could. You looked like you had a blast, and I bet your kids enjoyed it too!! ;)

Tyler and Travy said...

Disneyland rocks! Love the butterfly on Ady!