Tuesday, May 27, 2008

San Diego Company Trip


(Hotel Del Coronado, Coronado Island, San Diego, CA)

Last night Eric and I arrived home from 4 days in San Diego with some of Eric's employees and their wives. Eric took some of his employees for a VA Pro Presidents Club trip to reward them for all their hard work. Not all the employees got to come only those who are full-time and who have been with the company for longer than 6 months. We all flew out on Friday evening to San Diego and checked into the Hotel Del Coronado www.hoteldel.com




The Hotel Del is historic and beautiful and has so many fun things to do.



Some of the highlights of the trip were

Group Dinners at 
1500 Ocean at the DEL



Going to ENO, an awesome Wine, Cheese and Chocolate Bar.
It was actually kind of funny like 12 of us went there late one night and they start telling us all the menu specialties and the tasting meu ect.and Eric says
"Before you start with the menu, we are all mormon but one of us, so we just want one third of your service, the cheese and chocolate"
The girl looked at us like..."um...ok ...this never happens"
But they made up a new just chocolate and cheese menu for us.
It was incredibly yummy and fun!





Dinner at the famous NOBU sushi bar at the Hard Rock



We had lots of time for pool, relaxing and spa treatments




We also had tons of fun riding in style everywhere. We had stretch SUV limos take us everywhere so all 20 of us could go everywhere together, instead of having to take like 10 taxis.







The guys went golfing at the PGA course La Costa



We went to the famous Crown Room Brunch at the Del, it was amazing, their was so much food, and sweets, and anything and everything you could eat.




On Saturday night we also had our company VA PRO dinner in a private room at the Hotel, it was a "white themed" party so everyone wore white and we had a big group shot taken by a photographer for a good souvenior from the trip. Everyone looked so nice. It was really fun. Eric also got to give out some awards for his top guys and other recognitions for some of the employees.



We spent time at the beach,the guys (and Amber) surfed and skim boarded. All us girls watched and relaxed on the beach...and took pictures.







Eric was a pretty impressive surfer, I mean none of the guys were doing anything more than "staying up" but it was still more than I could do.


Also one other fun thing we did but I have NO pics of (which I am so sad about) we all went dancing one night. It was hillarious. I have not been dancing since I was in school before I even met Eric, and most everyone wasn't exactly a "typical group" you would see out on the town dancing, but we did.
But, it was probably the most fun night. We were out at the Hard Rock for dinner and stayed to all hang out. It was so funny/fun. Eric and the guys were break dancing and were all hyper and crazy. It was so much fun and by far the most fun night!

19 comments:

jillian said...

so fun!!! I am loving your outfit with the big chunky beige belt!!!! LOVE!!!!!

Callie said...

Fun! I too love your dress, way cute! I also love Eric's surfing pictures! I'm totally missing the beach right now!

Lisa said...

That trip looks so awesome! Everything that you did looks so fun!

Lovell Family said...

Any chance you have an opening for a new full time employee?

The Culbertson's said...

Brent and I had our honeymoon at the Del and we LOVED IT! We actually lost all our honey moon pictures with a computer mishap so looking at your pictures is kind of bitter sweet. Looks like you had tons of fun though. I hope to make it back there myself some time!

Momma Sue said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! So much fun! Nice "payoff" for lots of hard work!

NicKnight said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip! I love the Coronado hotel! My family loves eating on their outdoor patio next to the fireplaces. I love you're dress too, you're always so cute!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Talk about adventures!!! Wow, and you guys really go out in style. I am super jealous. I really wish we lived close to go on adventures together!

Jason and Amy said...

How fun. Wish Jason's boss took us on a fun trip. We only get a pool party with hot dogs :( LOVE that dress with the thick belt. Where did you get it? I HAVE to have it!

Lindsey said...

SO FUN! I love your outfits too!

stacy h. said...

ooo how fun, i really need to go to a beach! i love your wide cream belt, so cute! by the way i know you are as excited as i am for the sex and the city movie!!!! TOMORROW!!!! :)

Sarah Pugmire said...

I LOVE the Del Coronado Hotel! We used to stay there when I was little, and its seriously amazing! what a fun vacation! Although Im jealous you go on sooooo many of them:)

Amber Lynn said...

I do know kortney.. small world.. I danced with her. Im sorry about your wisdom teeth.. I wish I had a happy story for you but i dont.. I got mine out 2 years ago and I go super sick for 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs.. I was skin and bones.. good luck!!!

Fashion Meets Fitness said...

Thank you sooo much for the best time ever! You got way more awesome pictures of the trip than I did. I may need to get some from you! Can't wait for all our fun trips coming up! Good luck tomorrow with your teeth~If you are anything like me it will be chipmunk cheeks by noon!

Jen Bird said...

I only have one question: IS ERIC HIRING?? ;) That looked like so much fun! And your American Idol party looked amazing!! You sure are the party planner, I might need to hire you sometime! :)

Scott and Chelsey said...

I'm so jealous! THe only thing that would have made it more fun is Scott and I!

Torrey said...

That looks like a great trip. Eric sure knows how to treat his employees.

jaanderson family said...

Cute pics Hay! Looks like you had a blast! Gotta love california!!

The Jorgensen's said...

Thanks for planning such a wonderful trip. We really enjoyed it and are looking forward to Mexico next year!