Monday, April 12, 2010

Pizza Sunday


A few weeks ago, our neighbors (and good friends) the Tornows invited us over for make your own pizza night. We couldn't make it cuz we had family plans that night but on our way home that night Eric stopped in to sample the leftovers. Ever since then we have been wanting to do it ourselves. So, yesterday since Eric's mom was in town for one quick day before heading home to Ohio. We decided to do it.
Saturday Eric and I went up to Tony Caputo's Market in SLC. (this awesome little Italian market) and stocked up on all the fresh ingredients we would need. Italian Pepperoni, procuitto, buffalo mozzarella, arugula, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes and roasted garlic and pesto.


Then Sunday after church, Eric, me, the kids, Eric's mom and Bandele all made all sorts of personal pizzas. Our kids loved it, and so did we.


(Some of our creations.)

So if you are trying to come up with a fun dinner idea for company coming over or just for FHE, totally do this. We are going to do it again when it warms up a little and we can do the pizzas on the grill.

6 comments:

Partyof9 said...

Looks de-lish!
I lived in Italy for a couple of years and there is nothing better than a Margherita pizza!

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I'm gonna have to do this for our family.

hayleyrowan said...

looks delicious. my parents cook pizza on the grill all the time, it's so good, you'll have to try it with fresh pineapple. the bday party for max looked like a 3 year olds dream! so cool.

Scott and Chelsey said...

And now I'm so deliciously hungry... thanks a lot but those look divine!

Tiffany said...

What a fun idea. They looked yummy maybe I'll try that some night! Happy birthday to Max. What a cutie I can't believe he's 3. The party looked great as always, I love his painted face. I hope you're feeling ok. Love to do something with you guys again soon, maybe another double date?

Unknown said...

Ok so where is this italian market at exactly? :) I have done this before but not nearly as yummy! lol

Jen Tornow said...

Dang, my mouth is watering!