Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Practice Egg Hunt


Last night one of our neighbors set up a little egg hunt at her mom's house for some of our friends and their kids. My kids were so excited to hunt eggs all over this enormous backyard. Yesterday was the warmest day we have had yet this spring, I think it was mid 60's at one point in the day. So I think just being outside again made them super happy.


{All the little egg hunters}
and guess what? Ady is one of the oldest in this group, poor kiddo is gonna be pretty shrimpy like her parents.


The kids had to wait like 20 mins when we got there for the dads to "hide" the eggs. They were huddled pretty close to this little grouping of 3 "hidden" eggs then all of a sudden the eggs were gone. So I think they were getting a little impatient.


On a completely separate but related to Spring note. I am so glad sunshine is on the horizon. I have been so anxious to get out of the house. I think I planned as many weekends away as possible in January and February but I am tired now and want to spend more time at home. SoI need some sunshine and outdoor entertainment for my children.
I am feeling better, still on my nausea meds but rarely throw up anymore. But I have a new annoying symptom this pregnancy, besides the headaches and nausea. EMOTIONS. I have been extremely lucky to never have to deal with postpartum depression. My pregnancies are usually so bad by the time the baby comes I am the complete opposite of depressed. I am quite the opposite of depressed. So, I have never really experienced very noticeable change in my emotional state. Until this pregnancy. Things that would normally just bother me, now make me sob for 2 hours. And things that I usually wouldn't even think to worry about are becoming slight obsessions. I tell Eric all the time, I think this is so hard. I feel bad for women who feel this emotional every pregnancy. I don't like feeling not like myself, I already don't look like myself. But, luckily my crazy days are only every once in awhile and there is an end in sight. I am so so so looking forward to June and to having a sweet little baby in our home again. Tomorrow s Max's 3rd birthday, and I really can't believe its been that long since we have had a newborn. I am craving one. But anyway, that little side not got away from me. But, basically I am just happy Spring is in the air and I have one trimester left til we are a family of 5. Yay!
Happy Easter Weekend!

6 comments:

Lovell Family said...

I love Ady's hair like that...I daydream about fixing Saiges hair like that one day! Looking forward to Max's party...see you guys tomorrow!

Amber Lynn said...

Love the easter egg hunt! Emotions can get away from our control sometimes, specialy durring pregnancy.. I know exactly how you feel, This one has been my toughest one yet as well, Our lives in general has changed so much since we moved up here that it has definitly effected not in the best sence since being pregnant.. Hang in there, the sun is coming up and it will definitly help to get out of the house and sit in the sun!!!I can't wait to meet lil lucy! I also wanted to say that I hope that maxy has a great third birthday tomorrow!!! wish we could have been more a part of your lil adorable kids lifes!!!!!!

Lisa said...

You have such cute kids! Kids make holidays sooo much fun! Hang in there, baby Lucy will be here soon!

Scott and Chelsey said...

I can't wait for warm weather also! Your kids are darling and can't wait for maximillion to turn 3! And I'm always here for you!

Allison said...

Super cute pictures....as always. Hope that your emotions get on more of an even keal. That is my biggest pregnancy gripe. Have fun for your little man's third birhtday! Sending warm fuzzies from Cali.

Michelle said...

Hay, I hope this doesn't come across wrong, but it's nice for me to read your blog and hear about your pregnancy...NOT that I am happy you are sick, but because I can relate to someone. I swear, everyone I talk to about pregnancy LOVES it and I feel so horrible for hating every second of it. I am so sick, totally emotional, and due to the fact that we are having twins am only 10 weeks along and look like I should be delivering in 2 months. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see sweet Lucy girl :)