Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3rd Annual Dessert Night.


Last Friday was our annual Dessert Night (adults only). We started the tradition because when you live in Utah and its freezing and yucky outside, January and February tend to drag a bit. So it gives us a sweet night to look forward to. This year we tried out a new change for Dessert night in years past like here, I gathered Dessert from all our favorite Dessert spots, Dippidee, Sweet Tooth Fairy, Magleby's, Chocolate Elation, Market Street as well as making a few of my own. Which is extremely time consuming but fun to have all our favorite sweet in one room. This year to just try something new we had our favorite caterer Culinary Crafts do the whole night. They did a great job but I'm still trying to decide which I like better, having it all done by one place to gather the best of the best. Not sure. But here is what we did this year.



As usual we had a cupcake, brownie station but this year also included, mini tiramisu, and lovely opera cakes.


Another new addition this year was the creme brulees, (2 kinds) as well as the pot de cremes and the cream filled truffle cups with a variety of fruit toppings. I probably had 6 of the raspberry ones. And I love the pretty spun sugar that was on top of the vanilla bean creme brulee.


Another benefit of a caterer was the option of gelato. We had a station in our kitchen of different french macaroons paired with different gelatos. And I love the Macaroon tree displays. So pretty.


I think my very favorite thing may have been the drink station. They had citrus water, sweetened steamed milk and a light milk chocolate hot cocoa. But what made it special was the add ins they had. First off, candy dipped spoons, in peppermint, carmel, white and dark chocolate and toffee. How cute, fun and delish is that? They also had fresh whipped cream, cinnamon, sprinkles, chili powder, and other toppers for your drinks.


Upstairs in the kitchen they made yummy crepes with orange butter, nutella, fresh cream and berries. I am not even going to admit how many of these I had. But in my defense they kept just bringing them to me.


The ever popular chocolate fountain station. Always a fav.


We hope all our guest had a great time, we don't get to see do many of you enough so it was so nice to all get together for a relaxing night (with no kiddos) and catch up.
Thanks for coming and thanks a million to Culinary Crafts for making us look like good hosts.

17 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

Wow I'm still realizing that i ate way too much that night and i still don't regret it! Fantastic food and a fantastic host and hostess!!!

Tiffany said...

Looks like a heck of a good time hon...the sweets looked yummy. :)

Lovell Family said...

The only regret i have about that night is that I didn't eat enough! i was craving all the things I missed the next day. Thanks so much for the great night!!

jillian said...

beautiful displays. it looks different than normal...and i like it! i bet you had so many leftovers. it looks like a lot of yummy food!

Laura said...

You are so outta control, I LOVE it! If you have leftovers... send em my way ;)

Jill said...

this is insane. i would seriously have a hangover the next day.

Amber Lynn said...

I have decided that I can no longer see your posts that are about your amazing parties and food.., it truly sucks cuase I wish we could be there and besided that it makes me crave food and yummy treats the rest of the week.. lol Just not far..

Jason and Amy said...

so bummed we missed it. looks so delicious. already looking forward to next year. mmmmmmm

Amy Lou said...

Random blogger here.. Just happened onto your blog.. You throw the most FABULOUS parties!!!!! I think we need to be friends ;) ha

Britney said...

Hailey...you're amazing! I love to throw a party, but mine are NOTHING like your fabulous parties! Where do you get all your idea's? Seriously, I love all the pictures.

Will you email me? britneyericksen@gmail.com

I HAVE to know...or maybe they just come from your brain...I wouldn't doubt that either :)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

my mouth is watering just looking at these pictures!

hayleyrowan said...

the party was so great. it's always so much fun seeing what cool things you come up with. thanks for inviting us. next year we will find a babysitter so we can hang around a little longer!

jennie said...

Hi Haley,

Once upon a time, I came upon your blog somehow last summer and remembered the amazing carnival party you threw. I was just wondering if you could tell me where in the world you found those awesome carnival animals? (would you mind emailing me jennieforsyth@hotmail.com)? You should be paid to do parties, you're so great at it!

Tiffany said...

It was really yummy! I didn't even get to the front room stuff, darn it. Thanks for the invite. My fav was the hot chocolate! I did miss the macaroons from last year.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for inviting us to your fabulous dessert night! We had a great time and all your displays of delightful little treats were amazing!

Jill said...

p.s. michelle is looking for some one to plan our 10 year reunion... i think you're our lady. :)

laura said...

you put together all of these amazing parties?!! i wish i was invited lol :)