Monday, July 12, 2010

Adyson in Wonderland Party


My baby is 5 years old! Ady bug is seriously getting so old! Eric and I cannot believe it. Last Saturday 3 days after her actual birthday. She celebrated her birthday with a friend party that we themed "Adyson in Wonderland".

The Invites..


Once each girl RSVPed we delivered the guests each this little note and a costume made for them for the tea party. In all we had 3 queens of hearts, 2 cheshire cats, 2 white rabbits and our one and only Alice.
They all showed up looking adorable in the costumes...


Fun favors... Queen of hearts cupcakes ala Dippidee

Having Eric mom in town was so so helpful. She made life and throwing this party so much easier on me since having our newborn Lucy.
When the girls first arrived, we had them each paint their own teacup and saucer planter. Eric's mom is so good at that kind of thing. She was great with the girls. Sue, i cannot thank you enough.
We covered the girls costumes up and they got to some lovely painting...


After painting the teacups and saucers... we moved on to the tea party lunch....
Lunch included
Tea sandwiches
"Queens of tarts" fruit tarts
and pink lemonade "tea" with red heart ice cubes


Mommy Mad Hatter

Ever seen a cuter group of little gals? I am guessing not.

After lunch and opening gifts was the treasure hunt for oversized playing cards with clues that eventually lead them to the "treasure" birthday cake. Another lovely Dippidee creation.


Dippidee used the invite as the inspiration for the cake, making the top tier like Alice's skirt, so darling. Ady didnt evenget to see the cake until the end of the treasure hunt. She was thrilled.

Happy Happy Birthday Adyson! And thanks to all the girls who came and made her birthday so much fun!

22 comments:

The Cary Family said...

You kill me!! Amazing as always. I wish I had your talent for throwing parties. I can't believe she's 5!! She is so adorable.
How are you?? And Lucy??

Heidi said...

So creative and So cute!!!!

Lindsey said...

Super cute, Hay! I love the first picture of Ady in her outfit. She's so pretty.

evelania said...

Seriously *amazing*. I would have been lucky to have something this fancy for my wedding, let alone my 5th birthday! Completely creative!

Whitney Palmer said...

so so cute! im sure it was hard getting everything ready with the little one! looks great still!

Melanie Posell said...

Will you adopt me and throw my next birthday party? =) I'm pretty sure Ady has better parties than I ever will! What a lucky girl.

Michelle said...

WOW! Precious party! Amazing, you just had a baby!

hayleyrowan said...

What an adorable party. i love it. i can't believe your throwing such a bash with a new born, i'm impresssed. we have a gift for little lucy. maybe we could stop by next week and visit. i would love to see her. (whenever is convienant for you)

Marcee Kitchen said...

It all looks so much fun! You should really open a party planner business! You would ROCK! Thanks for getting some great pictures of the Cake. Hope you don't mind if we steal them!
Thanks for everything-
Liz

Marcee Kitchen said...

It all looks so much fun! You should really open a party planner business! You would ROCK! Thanks for getting some great pictures of the Cake. Hope you don't mind if we steal them!
Thanks for everything-
Liz

Jen Bird said...

That is so freaking adorable!! Seriously, you should be featured in Martha Stewart magazine!! Love it all!

The Kimballs said...

Holy smokes! That is quite the tea party! So cute and creative. And Ady is such a doll, that's crazy that she's 5!

Elise said...

OH my what an adorable party! You're amazing! Happy Birthday Addy!

Leslie said...

AMAZING! You are so talented, Hailey. Now get some sleep : )

Callie said...

Way cute, love the theme! Ady and her lil' friends look adorable! The party looked so fun I think we should have an adult tea party haha!!!

Amber Lynn said...

Holy crap, I love it.. what a great amazing party once again! what a fun mom!

The Nobles said...

Hailey,
I hope you don't mind that I found your blog through Stacy. The party looked amazing! You are a great mom.
-Linda

Melinda Lindahl said...

Holy Moly! Her party was ADORABLE! I couldn't have dreamed up something like that. ......And you had time to do that right after having a baby??? Love her cake!!

Larsen said...

That is the cutest part. You cover all the details so awesome. I wish I was 5!!

Haley said...

What a fabulous party!! Happy belated Birthday Ady! You were so creative! I love the tea-cup painting, how each girl got their own outfit, and the heart shaped ice...everything was perfect :) nice work hailey! (and you were an adorable Mama Mad Hatter!)

Chelsea said...

cutest kid party ever! who does your invites? i think maybe anne elizabeth, but im not sure. they are always so cute.

ps- hi, im chelsea. i found your blog through caitlin... its one of my favorites.

Camille Law said...

Darling! Love it! Can you come do our parties? Amazing! Love you!