Monday, June 7, 2010

Vegas Jaunt


Memorial day weekend when we were down at the St George house we decided to take the kid on a little Vegas overnighter since this was the last little weekend trip just being a family of 4. (yay for baby Lucy being due soon...big yay!)
Eric and I have done plenty of weekends in Vegas, we love the spas, great restaurants, shows and quick flights. But every time we are there, there are some things we wish the kids could be there for, so we took them to all those things...

Rides at Circus Circus


The fountain show at the Bellagio


Our favorite crepe spot, our kids are calling it the chocolate factory now that we are home because of the huge chocolate fountains. You should have seen Max's face checking out all the treats. I thought he was going to hyperventilate.
P.S. I was the lucky one who shared a crepe with Max, he yelled at em every time I took any and stole every little bite that I cut. Crepe Nazi.


We also walked through the lovely conservatory in the Bellagio. Ady said "we could have a pretty party here". I like it Ady. Thinkin like your mama.


We stayed off the strip at a lovely hotel just 10 mins away that night, then ordered yummy room service in the morning and hit the pool


I had plans to lay in a chair poolside and sip a pina colada while watching the kids swim but someone stole my pina colada and my chair.


On our way out of town we went to the Madalay Bay Shark Aquarium exhibit. The kids especially Max loved it.


And then... they were out before we even got back in the freeway to St George. 24 hours in Vegas really took it out of them.

13 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

Who says Vegas wasn't meant for kids! That looks like a blast and I'm sure Ady will grow up to be just like her mama! Looks like so much fun and can't wait for baby Lucy to arrive!!!!

J.Frey said...

Good ideas for kids in Vegas. I'm always hesitant to take mine down there. And I love how Ady is always in dresses. So cute.

Partyof9 said...

We took our kids to Vegas all the time when we were living in So. Cal! People think it isn't for kids...not so! We took our kids to all of these places. The Shark exhibit is amazing. Do they still have the hammerheads?

There are also the lions over at MGM, Dolphins at the Mirage and of course the M&M factory. One of my twins favorite was the "puppet show" at Ceasars Palace. Back at the Cheesecake Factory where we always ate, there is a large aquarium and a show about Atlantis. FAO Shwartz is back there too. Ooh! Don't forget about the Fashion Show mall. ...Oh how we miss Vegas!

Lovell Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I am craving crepes now!

hayleyrowan said...

fun trip and cute pictures.

Andrea said...

Looks like your family had so much fun! I can't believe all the stuff you fit into 24 hours! Eric needs to take some photos of the cute mama.

Larsen said...

They are so cute. Max cracks me up. Crepe nazi. Funny, funny!!

gentry's said...

your family is so adorable. you guys do the funnest of things. hope your last few weeks of pregnancy are as comfortable as can be and smooth sailing!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you all had a great time. My folks are leaving for Vegas on Thursday, I so wish I could go with them. One of my favorite ladies trips were the ones where we were in Vegas. Can't wait to see pics of little Lucy when she arrives, how long do you have left?

hayleyrowan said...

i found the chairs at target, surprisingly. they don't have them online, i had to pick up a couple at each target from salt lake to orem. they have them in yellow and red only. but they're nice and heavy.

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun 24 hours in Vegas sound perfect for two little kids. Miss you! Maybe you should have Lucy next weekend so I can stop in and see her. I'll be down for a quick little trip that I'll have to tell you about not over the world wide web. I guess I would be ok with anytime between now and next weekend. :)

Meradith said...

Those freckles on Ady are to die for. I hope Lucy has them too:). Looks like you guys had a great time! We need a little get away. Those crepes alone might be worth going down for.

Last night was hilarious. Still laughing about your limp jello hands. I'm glad you didn't win, Lucy is a lot cuter name than Bunko.

Jen Tornow said...

Hailey, give the camera to Eric sometime. You need some pictures of yourself on this blog!