Monday, May 3, 2010

Left Out


Look at that sad face. Poor Max is feeling like his life evolves around watching Ady go for thing to thing. Lately we have been busy with Ady's soccer team (which Eric coaches) having 2 games every week. Then she has Ballet once and week and Jazz once a week. Not to mention the tons of tech, dress and other rehearsals they had for her Spring Concert which was a week ago. And if you ask him he also says Ady gets "more friends over" and "go to preschool". So, Max is feeling a bit on the neglected side. Its hard age to be 3 and want to do everything your sister who is less than 2 years older than you is doing but not being old enough for soccer or tee ball and stuff. He still is doing swimming but Ady get to do it too so he wants his"own thing". We are thinking maybe karate? Any other moms have a left out 2nd or middle child that you found something great for. Art time with me and running errands with me while Ady is at her things, is not cutting it for him anymore.
Any other suggestions?

14 comments:

Callie said...

LOL, that is the best sad face! Karate is a great choice, I think he'd love that!

Luxy Bows said...

My sister husband teaches Karate here in Bountiful and they are amazing with 3 yr olds!! Aiden is joining this year when he turns three but I know thats kinda a drive for you but I know they run another one out that direction. I will check if you want. Email me at iloveaiden00@gmail.com

Allison said...

I only have one so far, so I really can't help with suggestions, but I had to tell you he has such a sweet face!!!

hayleyrowan said...

oh that face! i think karate sounds awesome, i bet he would love it.

Jill said...

max's expression combined with his X tshirt says left out perfectly. i'm laughing but poor kid! i think tennis is an awesome sport for kids because it gives them confidence in their own skills unlike other team sports. (team sports are awesome too.)

Lovell Family said...

I was gonna tell you...draper has a beginning tball program for 3-5 year olds. Parents have to participate...we did it with EAston when he was three. It's cheap and they meet close to bangerter at some park. If you want to do it I'll do it with you and sign my boys up...otherwise I'll sign up for the program through sandy. Let me know! They get a trophy at the end (which was HUGE for easton).

Lovell Family said...

Oh yeah, it's like at 5:30 PM so the dads could be the ones participating!!

ashlan said...

I see that face a few times a week with Ryker. There really isn't much for boys until they are 4or5. Finally this year Ryker can play soccer in the fall but until then we have thought about Karate. Girls have so many options from the time they can walk. Why isn't there anything for boys?

Unknown said...

Karate is a great thing! Once my dad got my brothers in it they really grew:)

Partyof9 said...

Aw poor baby boy! My 5 year old has that t-shirt too and I love it. It actually fits perfectly with this post.

I think that karate or gymnastics even. Do you guys have a "Monkey Joes"? Its a fun treat for my guys. Lot's of jump houses in different shapes and they can play freely.
Goodluck!

jillian said...

that is darling!!!! love his face.

Jen Tornow said...

If Max wants to come and play at my house while Ady is at preschool sometime, bring him on over. Ainsley LOVES him. He is the only other child she can call by name besides Ady and Cecily! Besides that, you could look into gymnastics. The Martin's little boy, Trey, has been doing gymnastics for years, and loves it.

Momma Sue said...

You could enter that photo in a contest! It is priceless!! I would love to see the three grandsons on a t-ball league!!!

gentry's said...

I believe they have flag football for age 3. Their tshirts hang down to their ankles but it is by far one of the cutest things. Plus they feel so good when they get a flag!