Monday, September 14, 2009

Celebrating being Maui-ed


To celebrate our 5 year anniversary Eric and I decided to take a little trip with the kids. We thought of a few fun places to go, maybe back to Bora Bora where we honeymooned (but that flight with kids would most likely be too much craziness for us), maybe somewhere we had never been before. But,we decided on Maui, Hawaii. Because since we have been married it was one of our favorite places we have been with kids. And again, it did not disappoint. Weather... perfect. Sights... amazing. Food... the best. We loved it.


We stayed in lovely Wailea. Right on the beach, so our days were basically the same, breakfast, pool, beach, nap.


Saturday night we attended a Luau. The kids were pumped for their Hawaiian tattoos, and Ady got up on stage for a hula lesson and Max is still talking about the fire dancer.


SInce we brought the kids along for our "romantic" anniversary, we got a sitter one night at went to dinner at Nick's Fish Market at a hotel nearby. It was a beautiful night and it was nice to be with just Eric, we exchanged cards and took a long time eating.


The kids were completely happy everyday just staying at the resort, they loved the kiddie pool. slide, beach, kids toys... everything.

ADYSON


MAX


We had since a great time (except for the flight home....) so I am sure we will be back again soon. Ady asked me the next day after we got home when she woke up in her own bed, "I thought we were going to live in the hotel house in hawaii now"
Sorry Ady Bug. I wish we could too.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so jealous! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time. You guys deserved it : )

Tiffany said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm so excited to maybe go there. I love the foot print picture the best.

Tiffany said...

oh and happy anniversary

The Jorgensen's said...

Fun trip! We are already excited o go in Feb!

Jason and Amy said...

I didnt know you guys were on vacation, so I totally thought you were pregnant and thats why you hadnt been blogging :) your family is sooo adorable. love all the pics, i want to go to maui right now after seeing those pictures. congrats on 5 years.

Jen Tornow said...

Oh, man! I can practically SMELL Maui from looking at your photos! I am so ready to go back! Seriously....I'm going to go plan my trip now!

Lindsey said...

Clever title! I can't wait to see the 10 year anniversary pics.

Amber Lynn said...

How fun, I love these picss! Ady and Max look like they had a blast! What fun memories

Laura said...

Happy 5 years! We've been married almost 6 years and never had a honeymoon because immigration cost an arm and a leg BUT someday we'll get to go on a nice trip. You've inspired me!

:)

Katie and Matt said...

Happy #5! It feels like a milestone doesn't it? I loved the pics, Max has such a huge smile in all of them!