Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mobile Lucy


DSC_0074DSC_0075

Lucy had her 6 month appt this last week (were we a couple of weeks behind because of the holidays)
Her stats were
Length - 27 inches (75%)
Weight - 17lbs 3 oz (50%)
Head Circ - 43 cm (25%)

about the same percentiles she has been. Im sure that height will start to taper off soon.
I cannot believe how big she is and even more than that the my 6.5 month old is full blown crawling, not scooting or army crawling but crawling and fast fast. She is gone in 3 seconds is you leave her be. If I am hanging up clothes in her closet, she is down the hall and to the stairs before I know it. SHe is also pulling herself up on anything and everything, including her crib, and trying to stand on her bumper to lean over the top. Why is my 3rd starting the so soon. Its too early for having to buckle her tight into the high chair cuz she tries to stand in it. Oh Lucy Lucy. What is your hurry?

At 6 months Lucy's favorite things are
her siblings
snacks she can feed herself (puffs, yogurt melts)
oatmeal, grain or rice cereal or bananas
toys she can bite on
biting everyone with her 2 tiny new teeth
saying dadadadadada, and new this week mah mah mah and bah bah
crawling around with no restriction, she doesnt like when I barricade her into a certain spot
her crib for bedtime
baths on the floor of mommys shower
putting everything in her mouth
being read to (for the first 2 mins)
sitting in her saucer in the playroom while the kids play
when Daddy gets home
when I get her out of bed in the morning, i love happy babes in the morning

at 6 months Lucy does not love
sitting still anywhere
getting buckled into the carseat, once she is buckled she chills
going down for a nap when the other kids are still playing
getting dressed or changed
cuddling or even laying on my shoulder, she is too big for that nonsense
holding her own bottle, I try and try...

Not may things no the dislike list cuz Lucy is the best baby. She easy going and always smiling.
We love having Lu around.

Now if I could only get her to stay in one place for more than 10 seconds...

DSC_0097DSC_0092
DSC_0109DSC_0112
DSC_0049
DSC_0104
DSC_0118DSC_0134

14 comments:

Elise said...

Oh I love these pictures, she is so cute. I can't believe she is standing. Charlotte just started pulling herself up and she is almost 8 months! I feel the same way, slow down baby girls.

Haley said...

oh the one of her little bum in the air is the best! :) And Brooks is the same way with books...I can't wait for when he'll sit, turn the pages, and enjoy a book all.the.way.through. And I bet she has a blast with her cute sibs :)

Leslie said...

Lucy is so adorable! And I can't believe how fast she is doing everything! What a great Mommy you are : )

whitney holland. said...

Hailey she is adorable! She officially makes me BABY HUNGRY!

Michelle said...

She is so cute! She very much reminds me of another little girl i know.

Karen said...

Seeing her makes me so excited to have a little girl! I love this stage of babies, they are so happy and learning so many things! She's adorable :)

Lovell Family said...

So cute!

Ashlee Raubach said...

Lucy is getting so big! She is such a cute little Kandell baby :) Hope to see you guys soon!

Amber Lynn said...

she is adorable!! her and abigail are so alike! i love reading your posts about little lu. cause its everything that abbi is doing that i should be doing cute postd about.. but dont. lol lazyness sets in :)

Dallas and Krista said...

I am so random to comment- but I cannot believe this! What a little mover! My Norah is like 1 day older then Lucy I think (?) and she crawls around and I thought she was a fast learner! I can't believe your Lucy is cruising and has teeth and acts so big! Craziness. She is just adorable and seems like a little joy.

Alexis Blackner said...

This is crazy!!! Baylee is the exact same age and NO teeth, NO crawling, and WON'T eat those yogurt puffs or anything like it!!! She is just taking her sweet time! Lucy is a doll....

Melinda Lindahl said...

seriously? She is already moving? My kids don't start crawling until 9 months! She is an adorable little chubb!

Anonymous said...

she is such a darling! so are all your kiddos.

i have been meaning to stop by and comment forever. my SIL introduced me to your blog and I adore it.

also, so funny to see Blatters on your sidebar, they are friends from San Ramon.

Polen's said...

I just had a chance to read this - what a doll! Funny because Miles hit 6 months (Jan 17th) and he is doing NONE of these things. Lol. Won't eat a thing (loves the milk), I sit and play with him all the time (won't sit by himself), loves to stand with support (saucer, jumper) but not on his own, and yells (his talking) all the time but no sounds yet. But he's the same as Lu in that he is happy baby all day and smiles all the time. We say he has smiles for Miles. : )
Your Lu is mover and shaker like her momma! Wish I could kiss on those cheeks.