Sunday, November 15, 2009

French Baby Shower.


Last weekend I threw my good friend Andrea's baby shower. She is almost the last of our friends from High School to have a baby, so we wanted it to be really special for her.
Luckily, because of the bad economy beautiful restaurants who usually charge an arm and a leg to have an event in are practically giving away the space if you will use them for food. So, we got to hold Andrea's baby boy shower at the lovely LaCaille.
Because of the location I decided I wanted to do a french theme. And I thought it all turned out darling. We had our little luncheon in the attic of the restaurant, a really pretty spot, I had never seen before. And we based the entire shower decor and details on the lovely shower invite Ann Elizabeth did for me. She is the best.


LaCaille's event coordinator Colby had the idea to do a cute little clothline between the flower arrangements with pics of Andrea and Alex (the baby's mom and dad, when they were babies)
It looked so cute. And Sax Romney's flower arrangements were beyond lovely. I love hydrangeas.


Sorry so many detail photos but its my favorite part of any party, the little things... and Ashlee Raubach (my photographer friend) captured them all perfectly.
NOW... here is the actual shower
Lindsey (our friend who flew in from Chicago for the shower), as a gift to Andrea surprised her my picking her up in a limo, and even bigger surprise is we were all in it to come get her! Thanks Lindsey, that made it extra fun. It was like Prom all over again. (without the boys)


Here is all our friends and party guests, a bunch of whom are also pregnant. I was so surprised no one got "sick" in the limo.
(from left to right) Melissa (shanley) Cook- prego, Callie (salmon) Anderson-prego, Chelsey (nyborg) Bell, Kristin (defa) Neilsen- prego, Me-prego, Andrea (hyde) Mason-obviously prego, Nicole (knight) Knight - just became unprego( had her baby) Katie (dickamore) Flanders, Lisa (williams) Hasleton and Lindsey (cooksey) Lunt


the gifts


These are the book of games, a trivia game with questions about all our friends childbirth and pregnancy stats and stories, a match which friend to which baby picture game, and gift bingo. All so fun. The booklet was tucked into the napkin at each girls place setting.


The mini cakes, by Carrie's Cakes that were the party favors. And so good, well mine was until I threw it up (ahh joy of pregnancy)


the lunch


the cute mommy to be.


the group. and yes, I told everyone to wear black, I know how annoying and obsessive of me, but I thought it would be cute if we all matched Andrea's shower colors.


opening the presents and playing gift bingo. I really love baby showers.


Andrea, we are so happy for you and so excited to meet baby Dexter, hope you enjoyed your special day!! Love you!

and thanks to Ashlee Raubach Photography for the lovely pictures.

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ok the pictures are AMAZING!!! It was soooooooooo much fun and I'm so glad Ashlee got all of those amazing photos. Love it to the max.

Jason and Amy said...

hailey stop. you are freakin amazing. you really did a shower like that while you are busy puking your guts out? WOW so impressive. one of the best hailey kandell events

Lisa said...

That shower was amazing! Everthing was perfect and Andrea deserved every bit of it! My favorite part was the fun games! Good job Hailey!

T n T - K n K said...

Can I just say I thought you were going to write these were pictures from Martha Stewart and you wanted a French Theme...OMG!!! it is exquisitely beautiful. And of course, the pictures capture everything almost if one was there. Great job! And Congrats to you on your new venture (Baby#3) hard in the beginning...but oh so great towards the end. But you know this. Have a great week!

Andrea said...

The shower was sooo amazing! Pretty sure it was nicer than my wedding! Hailey you are the nicest friend ever! Thank you so much for everything! Oh...and so glad that we have pictures of my huge stomach and butt. LOL. Love ya

Callie said...

Way to go Hailey, the shower was beautiful! Thanks for all your hard work pulling it together and thanks for the awesome gift I won! Ashley took some great photos!

Magdalena said...

I am speechless. This is to die for and the color scheme is so unique. You've truly outdone yourself Mrs. Kandell. Well done {again}.

Meradith said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! It looks like you had such a great time with your girls! (Is there anything better than a room full of your favorite women? no.) Beautiful colors and setting. Well done!!

hayleyrowan said...

um, i wish i was at that baby shower... beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I love the LaCaille! I did a bridal partys hair there in the exact same spot you had the shower in, it is amazing! The big double french doors is where the bride hung her dress and got ready on the balcony, what a dreamy place.

Danielle said...

So pretty! I'm so excited for Andrea to have her baby, she will be such a great mom.

Amber Lynn said...

all I can say is that you are amazing at what you do hailey!! What a great gift you have shared with your friends and throwing them all aAmazing unforgetable baby showers that they will always remember and charish!! How fun! I wish I was as talented as you so I could do a cool one for you..lol we all cant be perfect like you. hope your feeling better!

Miammy Weller said...

Great photos, congratulations on your work, too bad that will make your blog private I loved looking your pics

Polen's said...

storybook setting, amazing! what a beautiful gift to throw such a special shower. Loved the fun necklaces. Gorgeous all around!

Jill said...

sheesh. it seriously looks like a wedding. i have never been to lacaille and its even prettier than i expected!

Haley said...

heaven...that's all i can think of :) The decor, the food, the close friends, the photographer, and even the mode of transportation ;) perfection! Nice work hailey!!!