Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Foodie Club goes to NYC

photo-11
{NYC Central Park Labor Day weekend 2011}

This blog post is the reason I haven't posted in awhile. Our NYC trip was so action packed and busy and I have so many trillions of photos, the whole idea of blogging it seems intimidating. So instead of doing what I planned on doing, blogging the itinerary of pics of every day. I am just show casing my highlights.
Im sure Eric will go into greater detail about all the wonderful food on his We Are Foodies blog at some point.
So here goes.
We have this little club, A Foodies Club. I guess its pretty much barely a club since there are only 6 of us. 3 couples, all equally obsessed with finding fun restaurants in Utah and out of town, and we all love cooking. So every the last couple of years we rotate houses, making fun dinner and trying new restaurants together. Sometimes other couples join us sometimes its just us 6.
So when Eric and I decided to hit NYC for our anniversary we decided to invite the foodie friends and start an annual tradition of the Foodies Trip. Basically everything about this trip was planned around eating. No lie. I think we ate every 2 hours...
That being said plan on 50% of the following photos to be of things we ate and not people.

NYC TRIP HIGHLIGHTS

The Doughnut Plant

DSC_0304
DSC_0303DSC_0299

Chelsea Market

DSC_0320DSC_0457
DSC_0339DSC_0347

Central Park

CSC_0588DSC_0385


Morimoto's {the tasting menu}
photo-10
DSC_0437

Our attempts at using the Subway

DSC_0599DSC_0601

Tourist things like Times Square and Ground Zero

DSC_0474DSC_0468

Katz Deli

photo
DSC_0567DSC_0563

Little Italy

DSC_0535DSC_0535

Jersey Boys
and the most sketchy limo ride ever...(and I shudder to even call it a limo)

DSC_0493DSC_0495
DSC_0499

Waiting in line at 11:30pm for the most amazing street cart food Halaal. Incredible.
**if you are going to NYC and this is not on your list, call me**

DSC_0507

street cafes for breakfast

DSC_0590
DSC_0591

Dinner at Stripsteak
{well, the food wasn't a highlight but the company and convo was)

photo-7

The heavenly Cafe Habana

DSC_0593DSC_0483
DSC_0485

Dim Sum and being racially profiled

DSC_0523

and our farewell NYC pizza lunch

photo-8

I am certain there are so many more things I am missing.. or I forgot to mention.
It was a fantastic trip.
Thanks to the fellow foodie couples The Tornows and Skinroods.
To my mom and Brooke our babysitter for watching Lucy in Utah
and for Jim and Sue Kandell who let Ady and Max vacation in Ohio while we were livin it up in NYC. More on the kids Ohio trip in a later post.

9 comments:

Dallas and Krista said...

I'm drooling. We did the same thing when we went to NYC... food based days and nights :) I will have to try that food cart next time... thanks for the tip~!

Tiffany said...

How does one become a member of this Foodies Club? How exclusive is it? I know i'm not that good of a cook but I am willing to learn and I will try everything at least once :) Let me know when you are accepting new members. Looked and sounded so fun!

Jill said...

Ahhh, NYC. I miss you & your wonderful food! I honestly eat my way around Manhattan. I love that you found the food cart too! Four places to add to your list for next time: La Esquina, Keste, 10 Downing, & Recipe on the Upper West Side.

Callie said...

Glad you had a good time! Now I'm hungry!

Schindler said...

We leave tomorrow for NYC and I'm looking forward to the food! I can't wait to experience it!

Shelly Hyde said...

looks like heaven. I think i just gained 10 lbs looking at these pictures. Dim Sum... did they put you on the stage in the center of the room?

Kristin Rose Davis said...

I LOVE cafe habana...aw this made me want to go again so bad!

becky kimball said...

i am now drooling for cafe habana! i love that place! what a great trip:-)

hayleyrowan said...

Looks like a fun trip. I would be the WORST "foodie" friend! Maybe we can be the "hiking, tennis, biking" friends... or the "shopping, laying out" friends. I'm good at those things!